*ahem* anyone else have this deck...?

Padma

I found the imagery differed from typical RWS in slight ways. For example the Nine of Wands where the wands are bound up in green ribbon to indicate that you have control over your problems or projects (at least that is how the deck creator explains it) and the Ten of Wands that shows a man planting acorns. I really enjoy this kind of "one step" difference from RWS. Eileen Connolley clearly put a lot of thought and experience into her interpretations and they give insight into the RWS.

For myself, that was one of the reasons I love these cards so much - it is so easy, from the imagery, to immediately know what is going on - useful when I want a really fast snapshot of something... ;)

Zephyros

That magician looks like a young Yanni: )

herself

That magician looks like a young Yanni: )

Snort!!!! What about the dude on the Star?

I like the courts quite a bit (looking at them again now), but I'm also remembering how hard it was to learn the swords. The 10 of swords card I always thought was rather nice (good hair, liked her dress) :D

I know I'm coming across like I'm some sort of Connolly fanatic (I'm not), but they look even better with corners cut off...like so.

Attachments

• 2012-03-09_12-01-35_790.jpg
    2012-03-09_12-01-35_790.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 98
  • 2012-03-09_12-00-13_136.jpg
    2012-03-09_12-00-13_136.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 95

Padma

I am quite amazed at how much better decks look when they have borders removed! I think now I will have to trim mine down...

Thanks for that :)

oh yes - and the dude on the Star card looks like some guy I knew way back when in high school! lol...Mullet Man!

Zephyros

I have to admit, it`s not something I would use, but it looks funky in how happy aind blindingly optimistic it is, almost makes me have a sugar attack, but looks fun and really funny. I don't like the Devil/Death - Materialism/Transition...um, transition, but I can see how it makes sense in this deck. Bad things just don't happn there, and hair is always big. :)

tarot heart

Hi Lotus P.

I have this deck and it is one of my favorites for the simple reason that it is colored beautifully. This is one of my top ten decks and I would use this deck before many other "prized" decks. But like others here have said, to each his own. It doesn't matter one bit what someone else thinks, just what it does for you. You don't need anyone else to validate a deck for you. No disrespect to anyone here, but I am sure for every person who doesn't like it there are probably more who do. I'm sure if you did a search you'd find who they are.

I happen to like the Christian imagery a great deal. But then, I grew up with that imagery and I find it very comforting and the deck lends itself to intuition. If the deck puts you in comfort zone then you are more likely to read well with it. I hope this makes sense to you. Please don't get another deck if you are drawn to this one. It's a great deck. I hope this helps. :)

Terrapin

Hi Lotus P. If you like gentle images and light heartedness, have you seen the Hanson-Roberts deck? Very colorful and sort of whimsical, but not without its darkness (Devil), but still pretty positive and loving. Also, the Shadowscapes might be very suited to you--very beautiful and enchanting; very stimulating to the imagination and lots to look at in it that might take you deeper than the Connolly.

It sounds like you still really love the Connolly, don't give it up if it's that special to you, but the above two decks might give you something more to think about which may deepen your tarot ride. Also, though I'm not real familiar with it, the Paulina seems to resonate in a magical, gentle way with people who use it.

Padma

thanks!

Thanks so much to both of you, Terrapin and Tarot Heart :)

I have to admit I was feeling like a bit of a chump for liking this deck so much ;p I guess I am not very advanced in Tarot in comparison to many others here (but comparisons are odious, so I am not going there!) I have to admit, I cannot think what is wrong with being a sunny, smiley person...and I don't like the *Dark* Doom* Gloom* cards, cause they just aren't me. But not liking them doesn't make me less smart or less deep!

Terrapin, I will check out those decks - Hanson-Roberts sounds familiar, I am sure I have seen that before somewhere...Shadowscapes sounds interesting too, I will go check it out! I haven't heard of the Paulina, but I will look it up as well :) thanks so much for your kind suggestions.

I am loving the images on the Alchemy deck, but it sounds like it is hard to use...

Anyways, I am super-glad that at least some of you understand why I might like this deck, and not think me an outright sap for liking it... :) Though I can see that some of the biting comments others made about it are funny :)

Queen of Disks

I have it! Yes it is quite cheesetastic. But as a free range semi-Pagan Christian weirdo, I like the Christian symbolism. Sometimes I get anxious and can't handle negative cards so the Connolly works for me then.

I think the cards did get illustrated differently recently. Because these look much better then the deck I have:

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/connolly/

The lettering is different too.

Padma

I have it! Yes it is quite cheesetastic. But as a free range semi-Pagan Christian weirdo, I like the Christian symbolism. Sometimes I get anxious and can't handle negative cards so the Connolly works for me then.

I think the cards did get illustrated differently recently. Because these look much better then the deck I have:

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/connolly/

The lettering is different too.

Yes, Queen of Disks, that photo makes the colours look more muted, for sure! You are right about the lettering, it is different than mine, too :p