What was the first deck you owned?

new2angels

And how old were you when you got it?Was it a gift or did you buy it yourself?

Rosanne

I was in my thirtys and I bought The Rider Waite plaid backed Deck from a choice of two- Rider Waite and Thoth.~Rosanne

Citrin

I bought the Goddess Tarot when I was 16 (I'll be 18 this summer). I'm actually considering selling/giving it away. Hmm.

Kiama

I was 12 years old, and had been trying to study Tarot for 3 years without a Tarot deck (I think I had a few aborted attempts at making my own...) when I got my first deck, the Sugar Mystic Tarot, free with a magazine that a friend of the family bought me. You can see card scans here:

http://www.tarotgarden.com/database/images/s-decks/sugarmysticcards.gif

And a my review of the deck here:

http://tarotpassages.com/sugarmystic-kh.htm

As you can guess from the review, I love this deck, and it is one of the treasures of my deck collection. And every now and then, it gets brought out and I read with it once more. :D

Kiama

inanna_tarot

My good old mama bought me a Mythic set one Christmas coz I had kept trying to read with her various tarot decks hehe. We went to the shop and I picked the one I liked out of the viewing folder.

then my aunty throw it away saying I wasn't to end up like my mother did (weirdo tarot reading occultish ohhhh not good for the family name).
To make up for it I had another deck, the Witches Tarot by Reed as well as another Mythic!

And I turned into a weirdo pagan with some tie dye, reading tarot and studying Druidry, Kabbalah and gawd knows what else. I do sometimes tease her with some Levi style chanting hehe.

Sezo
x

poivre

I had been having readings done trying to figure out how the readers
told me what they did. I didn't even know where to get the cards.
One year my sister just gave me Servants of the Light Tarot.

I didn't know what to even do with them....
& the rest is History!

Deana

Technically someone gave me a really bad Marseille deck when I was in my late teens. But the first deck I actually used was the Tarot of the Old Path that I bought when I was 22 or 23.

Sulis

I was about 27 when i got my first deck, Tarot of the Cat People.

Unfortunately it was a little sci-fi for me and I didn't use it at all. I got another deck; The Witches tarot about 4 years ago when I was 35.

Love

Sulis xx

mrowcat

Last summer, I was 27, and I bought the Tarot of The Spirit which turned out to be a mistake. I went back the next week and got the Secret Tarot which was better, being a Rider clone. I kept TOTS, though.

BlueLotus

About 3 years ago, I obtained my first deck, The Rider Tarot Deck but I was not really interested in learning tarot, just curious.

A few months later however, I got another 6 decks, and thus started collecting tarot decks, and a bit later I became obsessed with learning and reading tarot-related material .