I found a new favorite!!!!!!!

HudsonGray

Celtic, animals, watercolor and realism. It should be a really nice looking deck when finished.

Little Baron

Beautiful artwork, I must say. I love the way the characters flow into and are held by the trees. The 'Hermit' is beautiful.

However, I cannot imagine using these cards. They seem a little 'wishy-washy' to me; I like something that is quite hard-hitting and that has a little more symbolisim in them, rather than their just being pretty.

I suppose that the good thing about them being ready in 2008 is that the artist has thought about how long it will take to create the minors; rather than making nice majors and knocking the minors together in a style that is not as sophisticated to get them published quickly. I have often seen stunning majors in decks and then been so disappointed with the minor arcana. I hope that that does happen here.

Thanks for sharing.

LB

tao51

They are quite beautiful

I do like soft watercolors. They have a mystical air about them.

WolfSpirit

I hope the cards will be big enough to do justice to the artwork, that is often a problem with detailed paintings. I see she also sells them as prints, it would be very suitable for that.
I agree with LittleBuddha about reading with a deck like this - but it's one I would still consider getting as an art deck. It really appeals to me on that level.

Mimers

Extreamly beautiful! I would add this to my collection in a heartbeat! Thank you for sharing that link.

I believe this would be a great deck for reading. I see a lot of meaning in the cards. The Hierophant for instance. How he is the tree. Strong, set in it's ways, inflexable, deep roots. The animals and fairies take refuge on his branches. What a wonderful depiction of the Hierophant. The others are done quite well, but I especially like this card.

Mimi

Little Baron

Mimers said:
The Hierophant for instance. How he is the tree. Strong, set in it's ways, inflexable, deep roots.

Just relalised that I mentioned the wrong card; it was the Heirophant I meant and not the Hermit. Great description Mimi

LB

13thFaeChylde

This has been on my watch-list for years, it seems....such a gorgeous deck.
I know it will be worth the wait :)

MercyMe

It is beautiful and unlike any other deck I currently own. It would be very interesting to read with and I think would offer up some very interesting surprises. Exquisite.

It's funny, I had the same initial response as LB, in that the colors seemed to watery and pale to me. Beautiful, yes, but maybe my sleepy subconscious needs more of a jolt. But as I looked more, I saw how this deck could speak with a softer, quieter "voice" but if I would be patient and quiet myself how rich those "conversations" could be.

~Mercy

HearthCricket

Thank you for that link! What a breathtaking deck that is going to be! I have to keep an "I need" list for the decks in the making! The artwork is just amazing-almost a mixture of Rackham and Dulac, but with soft pastel works and an airy feel to them. Very mystical and light. I need to go look at them, again. Another deck...ah, the joy! 2008 won't come soon enough, for me!