Golden Tarot of Klimt

Pipistrelle

I've just had my first look at the Lo Scarabeo catalogue (sooo behind the times, I know) and have fallen in love with the Golden Tarot of Klimt. I am definitely going to have to get this one...sigh :)

Unfortunately, there are only three cards shown...Does anyone know of any other images available yet or do I have to wait until July for a closer look?

Also, what do you think of it?
http://www.loscarabeo.com/catalogo2004/Catalogo_UK/catalogo.htm (I can't link directly to the deck but if you click on Tarot and then Gold and Silver, you should be able to find it.)

And...last question...what card do you think is shown on the front of the box? Queen of Swords perhaps?

Pip

Sulis

Now would you look at that.

Gorgeous :)

I'm a big fan of Klimt's work. Wonder how well it will translate to a tarot deck though? It'll definately be beautiful but will it be a workable deck?

One to keep my eye on.

Thanks for the link Pip :D

Love

Sulis xx

tao51

Wow!

I have always appreciated the art of Klint. This is probably going to find its way in my collection.--Tao

Pipistrelle

It is gorgeous isn't it? :)

Unfortunately, I am now seeing everywhere that it won't be available until November - not July, as it says in the catalogue I have.

Oh well, at least I know what hubby will be getting me for my birthday ;)

Pip

mythos

Thank You, thank you, thank you, thank you. I absolutely revel in Klimt's work. This is a gem and goes to the top of my want list ... even above the Grand Belline.

As for waiting: Some years ago (I was 48), I had a 14 year old tell me that the meaning in life is waiting: you wait for the bus, you wait for school holidays, you wait in line at the check-out, you wait to grow up, you wait to get your driver's license, you wait to find the right partner, you wait to finish school, you wait for 'the' job, you wait ... wait .... wait....

The trick is, she said .... to get into the zen of waiting.

While I'm getting all zennish in my waiting for the Klimt deck ... I'll just slobber over all the Klimt prints I've saved to hard drive ... lovely!

mythos

Pipistrelle

Ah...the zen of waiting. That's what the lady behind me at the post office today needed to get into :)
(Honestly, if you're not prepared to wait then please don't!)

Pip

wizzle

zen of waiting

ooooooooooooo zen of waiting.

Someone post that for Chronata in the "deck creation" forum. I'd do it myself except that <<looking down and rubbing toe in sand>> it's such good advice I don't want to snitch.

She needs to hear this. Poor lady is stressing over getting her deck out. Check the thread about "where's Chronata's deck?"

Asenath

This deck looks as if it's going to be utterly beautiful. Gotta start saving my money from now!

Owlface

klimt

I too am delighted to find this one listed as "forthcoming." I had always quite liked Klimt's work, but recently I really fell in love with it-the fabrics, the flowers, the swirls, the use of gold. Then I found out there was a Klimt-themed Tarot deck in the works-yeah !

July or November or any time in between-I have already started the Zen-ness of waiting !

I'm aware that Atassanov, the man behind this deck, did the artwork for the Leonardo da Vinci Tarot deck-very well, in my opinion.