Golden Tarot of Klimt

Adam McLean

It is interesting that the Tarocchi di Vetro by Elisabetta Trevisan, issued by Lo Scarabeo in the 1990's as a large format majors deck, and later released as The Crystal Tarot as a full deck, was also inspired by the imagery of Klimt.

Pipistrelle

Well remembered Adam - I'd forgotten all about that...and I claim that the Crystal is one of my favourite decks!! Very beautiful :)

Pip

Clau

NOVEMBER?!?!?!?!?

Oh no! I was counting the days patiently to get my hands o that beautiful deck!!

Zen, zen, zen........

Asenath

I just went to Amazon.ca to look up this deck and there are two listings: Golden Tarot of Klimt by Atanas Atanassov (Author) (Paperback - July 2005) (this one has a UK/Canadian list price) and Golden Tarot of Klimt Ls Golden Tarot of Klimt by Scarabeo Lo (Author) (Hardcover - November 2005) (US/Canadian list price.) The two decks are around $20 difference.

Both haven't been released yet, but I was also wondering if anyone would know why there would be two different authors as well?

mythos

Asenath said:
I just went to Amazon.ca to look up this deck and there are two listings: Golden Tarot of Klimt by Atanas Atanassov (Author) (Paperback - July 2005) (this one has a UK/Canadian list price) and Golden Tarot of Klimt Ls Golden Tarot of Klimt by Scarabeo Lo (Author) (Hardcover - November 2005) (US/Canadian list price.) The two decks are around $20 difference.

Both haven't been released yet, but I was also wondering if anyone would know why there would be two different authors as well?

Atanas Atanassov will be the actual deck creator, and Lo Scarabeo is the Publishing Company that releases them, like US Games. As for the price differences ... I have no idea.

I know that at http://www.houseoftarot.com/ you can pre-order at a cheap price, US$14.99 against US$24.99 which will be it's normal selling price. Maybe the difference reflects a pre-order deal or something. On the other hand, there may be two editions going out ... one stamped in gold, and one printed in gold colour. The houseoftarot pre-order one specifically says stamped in gold. It's ISBN: number is ISBN: 0-7387-0790-2. Maybe comparing the two can give you some idea.

Would you let us know what you come up with please?

mythos

RiccardoLS

Hello,

the deck will be just one version and will be printed in gold (gold foil).
The deck is in printing right now and will be available in July in Europe - later oversee.

Often - we have found until now no way to prevent this - there are two listings on amazon. The problem is that someway Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.com have a "transfer", and as UK and USA are served by different distributors there may be differences. Also sometimes the deck goes listes twice because Llewelly in the US list it both as English and Spanish.
It is almost ever the same deck.

As for "how the deck is", the images are gorgeous: very beautiful deck.
But it is impossible to anticipate how it will become after the gold. It is always a "bet", as no preview can really show the way a deck will look like after the gold insertions.
This time - as opposed to other gold decks - it was decided to try smooth insertions, lines and patterns, in place of a patterned background.
It will be more delicate, more "sensible", less "sumptuous" approach.
I am - I must say - really curious.

Best,

Ric

Eco74

Suddenly I'm very happy I'm living in Europe. :D

Pipistrelle

Woohoo!

Thanks, Ric - it's so nice to have someone "in the know" :)

Very much looking forward to getting it.

Pip

HearthCricket

This probably means I am going to have to wait until November for my Harmonious and 78 Doors deck. Now to proceed into a deep depression....

RiccardoLS

I don't think so.
In the U.S. August at worst.

Riccardo