what? mini decks?

mythos

I have only one mini - a gift - I photocopied all the cards, cut up the photocopies into individual cards and paste them with my notes related to each of the cards in my journals ... otherwise, I find them impossible because my eyesight is poor.

I even have some problems with smaller 'normal' card, like the Spiral. Without a magnifying glass, I just miss so much. So the quality of your eyesight is a factor too.

mythos

Grizabella

There's a difference between the "tiny's" and the "mini's". The tiny ones are too small to really work with. But the pocket size, or sometimes called mini sized, are just fine. I love my pocket sized Universal Waite. The card stock is slightly thinner, but still sturdy. I have the pocket RWS, but found the card stock hadn't been made thinner and it's very hard and stiff for me to shuffle. The pocket size of both the RWS and the Universal Waite are maybe 1/3 smaller than the Hanson Roberts regular size. I have small hands and they're a great size for me.

HearthCricket

There is also a pocket Goddess which is smaller than the regular Goddess deck, but larger than the minis. Nice travel size.

MareSaturni

BlueLotus said:
I have 4 mini decks, namely, the Universal, Fairy, The Art Nouveau , and Tarot of the New Vision.

Really? I've only seen the normal-sized Art Nouveau...the art is very pretty. How is the art in the mini deck?

Lyric said:
There's a difference between the "tiny's" and the "mini's". The tiny ones are too small to really work with. But the pocket size, or sometimes called mini sized, are just fine. I love my pocket sized Universal Waite. The card stock is slightly thinner, but still sturdy. I have the pocket RWS, but found the card stock hadn't been made thinner and it's very hard and stiff for me to shuffle. The pocket size of both the RWS and the Universal Waite are maybe 1/3 smaller than the Hanson Roberts regular size. I have small hands and they're a great size for me

Really? I didn't know there was a difference. My Thoth deck is said to be 'smaller' than the normal one, but it doesn't look mini. The cards have a good size, imho.

:TPW Yuko

Rhiamon

HearthCricket said:
As promised, here is Bunny doing a reading for Tenni with his mini Universal Tarot. He is just a beginner, so still uses the LWB, but is hoping for a mini Visconti by Christmas. He also has an eye out for a mini Fairy or Gnome deck for his "regular clients"!! Personally, I think he does it all to dress up in Mommy's jewelry!

omg, that is the cutest thing ever!!!

janstar17

HearthCricket said:
As promised, here is Bunny doing a reading for Tenni with his mini Universal Tarot. He is just a beginner, so still uses the LWB, but is hoping for a mini Visconti by Christmas. He also has an eye out for a mini Fairy or Gnome deck for his "regular clients"!! Personally, I think he does it all to dress up in Mommy's jewelry!

Way too cute!! I hear rabbits make great intuitives as well...

BlueLotus

miss_yuko said:
Really? I've only seen the normal-sized Art Nouveau...the art is very pretty. How is the art in the mini deck? . . .Yuko

I am attaching herewith a couple of images from this deck, actual size; but the real ones are much clearer.

Attachments

• ArtNouveau.BMP
    231.2 KB · Views: 116

shadowdancer

I love my mini decks, but tend to take them on holiday only. I have a tiny kiddies lunchbox which is small enough to go under the front seat of my car. Yet inside it resembles a TARDIS! :)

It holds:
mini New Vision tarot
mini Celtic tarot
mini RWS tarot
A majors only deck from Korea
A spread cloth
A pendulum
card index of 67 spreads (I couldn't fit all 156 in so chose a cross section)
The box is approximately 7" x 4" x 3" and is excellent.

The card stock is okay in my opinion, and the detail of the images is still more than adequate bearing in mind the scaled down sizes. I feel comfortable taking the 4 decks as it gives me a lot of scope still in choosing the appropriate deck as well as spread to use.

Davina

PlatinumDove

HearthCricket said:

Oh HearthCricket, that is absolutely adorable. Can I use it as my background picture for my desktop?

Eco74

Shadowdancer,

The idea of finding a little lunchbox-type-box is very appealing..
It would make hawling decks along a bit easier and less nervewracking. Now I wrap the decks I take with me in a scarf, or with the mini, keep it in an oversized bag that wraps around it a few times to protect it from bumps.

Though, I'd have to get a bigger shoulderbag too, and I rather like the size of the one I've got..