Secrets of the Lenormand Study Group - Descriptions - Case Study #3

WolfyJames

I'd say that the man in question is a surgeon or a doctor and that he likes his job very much. He has brown/dark hair, is handsome, and he is independant yet he is someone you can count on. She may have bumbed into him in the past, I'd say the querent knows a woman who knows this man and she will hear about him through her, and him hear about her through that woman as well, and it is through that other woman they will really meet.

Sylvie Steinbach

Wow Wolfy!

Quite good indeed! The fish not only gives a physical description but also the sense that this man is at least independent but also may be running his own business. Now question for you: if he is a surgeon what specialty? there is a hint in the entire spread. Now he could also have been another profession. I give you the hint: scythe and bouquet...you are on the right track :)

WolfyJames

Sylvie Steinbach said:
Quite good indeed! The fish not only gives a physical description but also the sense that this man is at least independent but also may be running his own business. Now question for you: if he is a surgeon what specialty? there is a hint in the entire spread. Now he could also have been another profession. I give you the hint: scythe and bouquet...you are on the right track :)

An esthestic surgeon who has his own clinic?

Sylvie Steinbach

Absolutely plastic surgery it is: the cards association scythe + bouquet + dog is a major sign but it is confirmed by the other hint: fish + birds + woman which is totally a female clientele driven business mostly :)
Now the other profession could have been Hairstyling: hair dressers cut hair -bouquet- and are independant dealing with female clients. though the dog is more leaning toward a MD it is also the confident. But the first interpretation is the best.

Skydancer

10-scythe + 9-bouquet + 18-dog + 28-man + 34-fish + 12-birds + 29-woman
Identify the man.

Again, I've tried not to "see" any of the above.
So here's my take:

There was an abrupt cutting off of a relationship with a very close friend of his recently, and it was for the best. It was a good thing. Now the man is in a business involving lots of people and talking (I got the idea of local TV news anchorman!) and works with a female co-host.

Or ...

He has had a successful sex-change operation!

*S*

Sylvie Steinbach

Important message

It is essential that you keep the book's definitions and system in mind in doing the case studies. Stay on course and do not add based on your imagination. Only if you are doing a real reading can you add your intuitive inputs.

The case studies have an order in progression. Always read your chapters again if you get confused. Remember it does take time and practice to master a tool. Be patient and persistent.

Good luck and see you on thread case study 4

Aristede

Hi Sylvie,

I originally read scythe + bouquet to mean that the man had made a complete break with his past, and was happy about it. I read the fish as his dark coloring, and to mean that he is a business owner, but the fish + birds + woman made me think that he also had a female partner in the business.

I did not immediately see that the man is a cosmetic surgeon, but after reading through your explanation, I see now how the dog + man could give a clue that he is a doctor. I also see how fish + birds + woman would indicate a female clientele. I totally missed that the dog would represent someone the client knows. That's a great tip!

I know that my original interpretation is not as detailed or specific, but would it be totally incorrect?

Thanks,
JD

LisaW

Case #3

hi Sylvie- I'm going to post my interpretation before reading any of the posts..

10-Scythe+ 9-Bouquet + 18-Dog + 28-Man + 34-Fish + 12-Birds + 29-Woman

This is a man that she already knows, possibly through business.
He's a darker person, dark hair, entrepeneurial, international.
He's a friendly, likeable guy, with a nice smile :)

I would say that he is recently split/separated; is newly single (10-scythe+9-bouquet).
I think he's self-employed, possibly involved with art in someway.... like an
art dealer? or importer? He's very business-minded and successful, and most likely has a female business partner. (34fish+12birds+28woman)

He might have had cosmetic surgery recently too! lol

OK- now I'll go read all the posts~

Lisa

Sylvie Steinbach

Jd

The combination 'scythe + bouquet' is not enought to conclude he made a cut from his past. It is a love inquiry and the client is a woman who wants to know who is the next love interest.

So it is about how to ID the person. The dog next to a man or woman key card always mean at 90% that the client knows the individual in some way. Now the 10% left could be the translation that she know a woman who knows him! Bouquet + dog combination...

It is true that a combination fish + birds + woman could point to a female business partner. But in this particular case I would not use that since our inquiry is about love and Id the guy. What is on the right of the key card is his thoughts and his intentions or his future...I am not keen to go that route.

But if we had an inquiry regarding purely business then maybe it would be more fitted. Still I believe the translation of 'he is a business or independent man with a female oriented clientele' is more suited.

Food for thoughts!

Sylvie Steinbach

lisa

This is a man that she already knows, possibly through business.
He's a darker person, dark hair, entrepeneurial, international.
He's a friendly, likeable guy, with a nice smile

I would say that he is recently split/separated; is newly single (10-scythe+9-bouquet).
I think he's self-employed, possibly involved with art in someway.... like an
art dealer? or importer? He's very business-minded and successful, and most likely has a female business partner. (34fish+12birds+28woman)

He might have had cosmetic surgery recently too! lol

Ok let me put some orders in this!
You always start from the key card and then you go on the left to look into the established part.
Scythe + bouquet does not mean in this case a break from his past! The scythe will have to be closer to the key card and show what kind of things got cut away. That is not the case here. If you go to the book definitions it is not the definition of the association!!!
Same with he is newly single: there is nothing in this spread that could lead to this statement. So this information can not be said to the client...

You have completely ignored the dog card. Very important you don't! It is actually the point of this case study. The dog is a MAJOR card in the Lenormand deck. It has esoteric significance because it relates to what is known in relationships therefore trust, companionship and friendship.

Yes the bouquet and the dog could be interpretated as a female connection. But where is that going??? The dog should be translated as this man is not a complete stranger. The connection between the man and the inquirer could be a female she knows -remember for who we do the reading for.

Now let me address why I don't translate the combination fish + birds + woman like that..If the combination was birds + woman + fish then I will have no problem to say he likely has a female partner in his business. Birds mean communication, couple with the woman and the business. But the combination in this specific case is: fish + birds + woman meaning a business that communicates or deals with women. We can not go for the partnership with a woman. So pay great attention to the position of the cards. Do not reverse the sequence that is where you will make mistakes. Sometimes the reversal won't have any big effect, sometimes it makes a HUGE difference that will make your predictions inaccurate. Like the scythe and the bouquet. the scythe is cutting, making decisions or being a leader. it is before the bouquet which represents beauty, hair and happiness. The scythe do not have a negative influence in this case. The bouquet refers to a part of the body or a craft. So this man does have a hand for cutting either hair or make people look more beautiful. The dog takes then the meaning of medical expertise...

It is very important that good habits are being taken early on when you analyse the answer. Now if the bouquet was before the scythe then we have a cutting off situation...bouquet + scythe in the book is specifically dealing with hair dressers or plastic surgery. So if that combination was coming that way then for sure this will be one of the two professions. But it is not the case in our case study. We have scythe + bouquet. It is not as strong and as direct. Does it mean we can't translate it that way? no we could but as a possibility not as a 'for sure' thing. So what do we do? the combination that wins the day should be 'scythe + bouquet + dog' as the man is known to the client through a female connection. This man is friendly (dog), attractive with a great smile and hair (bouquet) and has leadership qualities (scythe).

fish + birds + woman this man has his own business where he caters to mostly a female clientele. Communication is important as he may consult toward that clientele. So we know we can say that for sure! then we may say to the client:

this man could be introduce to you by that female or by the time you meet him you may find out you have a female connection in common. It is possible this man has a medical training that could be cosmetic or he could be in the beauty industry all together like a hair dresser (but these info are not for sure so you will have to double check).

I hope this very long explanation gets you to understand the refinements in reading the deck and how you need to convey the info to the client...

See you on case 4 ;)