*Greenwood Alert*

Guiding Cauldron

ty for posting i dread to know what their reserve price is though! Will be interesting to see what it goes for...

yaraluna

It went for $250 buy it now option.

Abrac

ay caramba!

tapestry

yaraluna said:
It went for $250 buy it now option.

geez, oh man! Is it *that* great of a deck to be worth that much??? I know it's rare, but even so -- that's a crapload of money to spend on a tarot deck!!!

Jewel

tapestry said:
geez, oh man! Is it *that* great of a deck to be worth that much??? I know it's rare, but even so -- that's a crapload of money to spend on a tarot deck!!!
No. It is a nice enough deck, but not that nice. The hooplah around the deck is much more than the deck is ... it is the whole OOP thing that makes people want it. If I am not mistaken it went out of print due to lack of sales when it was available on open market. I honestly do not think the deck is worth more than the regular price of a retailed deck/book set, and not as good as many out there.

WolfSpirit

Well I think it is a unique and gorgeous deck. I so love the artwork of the majors and the courts.
Whether it is good or not or worth an X amount of money is personal - most would say not but some obviously would.
In my collection there are a few decks that I would like to keep no matter what, and the Greenwood is one of them - not because it is OOP but because I connect so well with it. The Druidcraft is another one, and I am sure glad it is not that expensive :laugh: even though it means the world to me.

HearthCricket

Well, to put it frankly, I am very glad I bought it, as I have missed out on a few other Greenwood deals both costing more and less than this, and as this is a gift from my parents, who gave me my first tarot deck back in the 70's, I am sure I will be delighted with it and using it to its fullest potential. It is already on its way and a wonderful Yule/Christmas surprise present as well! I plan to have a blast with it! :D

Mariana

It's good to hear that it's been bought by someone who knows why she appreciates the deck and who will really be using it, not someone who just bought it because it's hard to find. Congratulations!

HearthCricket

Thank you, Mariana! Yes, I will be using it! And my husband just bought me 2 nice Yule gifts...a green crystal stone and the book titled "By Oak, Ash and Thorn; Modern Celtic Shamanism. This is going to be a fun journey! :)