~Archeon Tarot~Honest opinions please!

Miss Divine

Hi everyone, I have been eyeing this deck for some time now but obviously I'm still on the fence. I have read some old posts on this deck but they are old! And usually everyone raves when a deck first comes out, only to get bored with it quickly and can't get rid of it fast enough. So to all the Archeon lovers AND haters, please come forth. :)

BodhiSeed

The Archeon Tarot's art is really lovely, and had I been content to just use it as something to look at I would have kept it. But there's not a lot of meat on the bone for me; I don't necessarily have to have cards dripping with symbolism, but I do like at least some way to tie the cards to the framework of tarot. The other downside is that the cards are rather dark, so it's hard to see a lot of detail in some of the cards.

Sulis

I had it and sold it again fairly quickly.. It just wasn't for me.. The artwork is lovely but the dark and samey colour palette meant that the cards just weren't different enough from each other on first glance for me to read them so they didn't really match my reading style..

Le Fanu

I think Sulis might have had mine. I traded it. Yes, not much meat. Dark and brooding but a little content-free tarot wise.

Miss Divine

Thank you all so much. I am de-enabled now. :) I don't like a samey color palette myself, and I also like some meatiness to a deck.

zannamarie

Actually I found the deck to be quite symbolic. It was my first deck and still my favorite for reading. I find it quite intuitive. I actually didn't realize it was a "dark" deck until we started the dark deck reading circle and I found it listed there. :bugeyed: It's the only "dark" deck I own.

Even though it doesn't follow a strict RWS clone, I like that about it in that is it enough like RWS that I was able to learn to use it, but not so much like it that I was bored by it. I do like the sayings associated with the cards in the LWB.

Not quite sure what people mean by "meatiness" so I can't really comment on that. I've found I can (and do) read the same card many different ways because of what catches my eye when I do a particular reading. I read some cards very different on different days. I think that's because most cards aren't precise scenes--they are the collage they were originally intended to be.

Here's a link to all the images.

Thank you all so much. I am de-enabled now. :) I don't like a samey color palette myself, and I also like some meatiness to a deck.
I must say that for you to "de-enable" yourself on the deck before you even let your post get 5 hours old probably means you really weren't that interested in it. :laugh:

ravynangel

deleted :)

Miss Divine

Here's a link to all the images.

I must say that for you to "de-enable" yourself on the deck before you even let your post get 5 hours old probably means you really weren't that interested in it. :laugh:

Thanks for the link Zanna. There are such beautiful cards in this deck. But there are also plenty that it's hard to see detail, like the Hermit for instance. I love most of the majors and swords suit. The pentacles I like the least.

I understand that you think I wasn't that interested in the deck. I seriously was (and still curious how they are in the hands). But I find readability the most important, above beauty. I don't need another deck to end up unused in a drawer. I could buy them ofcourse to try them out, but usually when I want to pass them on, noone wants them unless it's for free.

You and Ravynangel have kind of put me on the fence again. I was actually a bit relieved to be de-enabled, because this deck buying thing will otherwise never end. :D

ravynangel

Thanks for the link Zanna. There are such beautiful cards in this deck. But there are also plenty that it's hard to see detail, like the Hermit for instance. I love most of the majors and swords suit. The pentacles I like the least.

I understand that you think I wasn't that interested in the deck. I seriously was (and still curious how they are in the hands). But I find readability the most important, above beauty. I don't need another deck to end up unused in a drawer. I could buy them ofcourse to try them out, but usually when I want to pass them on, noone wants them unless it's for free.

You and Ravynangel have kind of put me on the fence again. I was actually a bit relieved to be de-enabled, because this deck buying thing will otherwise never end. :D

deleted :)

Serenia

I'm fascinated that the opinions about this deck are so diverse - and so different from my experience. For me, it turned out to pack quite a punch. I only used it twice so far (except for some daily draws) and both times it went straight to the core of the matter and brought up painful memories and issues that I was trying to forget. So for me this would be the perfect deck for coming to terms with the past, or releasing hidden or repressed emotions. However, at the moment I'm not able to handle the directness of the deck. I'm still imtimidated by the two readings I did about a year ago... :neutral:

I don't mean to say that the deck would neccessarily have the same impact on you - I just wanted to give you my perspective! :)