Zerner Farber...on my list for 4 years...until now

agedog1

I don't doubt the numbers - have you noticed how many esoteric items Amy and her hubby have put out lately? I have the original in my collection (means I don't read with them) and they are O.K., nothing exceptional.

Jewel-ry

Oh my! I have been so tempted by this deck in the past.

One of my first decks was the Enchanted which I did like but found far too bulky to use so eventually I traded it away but I kept the book which I think is really well written.

More recently, I saw the Zerner Faber deck in a local shop and was so tempted but managed to resist. It seemed such a perfect size...not too big...not too small. Tell me...in a deck with so much detail is it easy to see without a magnifying glass?

lunakasha

I also have both the smaller Zerner/Farber (which came in the Instant Tarot Reader kit) and the Enchanted (LOVE the book, never used the cards, too big and stiff!). I love all the detail in Amy's work, and the soft colors. The smaller deck is perfect shuffling size, and the Enchanted book is nice for getting a closer look at the detail. I am hoping to sell the Enchanted deck (if anyone needs a spare!) while holding onto the smaller deck AND the Enchanted book! The Astrology card/book set is also very pretty!

:) Luna

Logiatrix

The Z/F deck is permanently on my "favorites" list.
The book for the larger version (Enchanted Tarot) works very well with it. I've also recently acquired the Instant Tarot Reader book without the cards; it's better than I recall, and it's good to complete the set, anyway.

The deck is by no means a "girlie" deck. These cards remind me of a very wise and loving, tough-as-nails grandmother. Lots of lace and candy wrapped around powerful punch.
:)

fairyhedgehog

I've got it! I've got it!

I love the size and shape of the cards, the colours and designs. But the cardstock feels flimsy and unlaminated and the printing quality seems only OK. A couple of cards stuck together when I got them out, but there is no damage. The deck says it is by US Games and printed in China.

Have I got a duff deck, or is that how this one is meant to be?

(It was cheap, and I love it, so I can live with its little quirks :) )

apeystar

I have chosen the Fabric Collage Tapestry Zerner/Farber deck as my "getting serious about learning" deck. :)

MsRubyRain

This deck was gifted to me from a dear here on AT.

I have only done one reading with it, but it was dead on. I like it!

Starshower

I totally love both the Enchanted with its book, and the little, purple-backed Zerner-Farber, which is small & neat enough to carry around in my handbag permanently as my comfort-deck. I agree that although very pretty, Victorian & rich in delicate detail, this deck certainly packs a punch. I haven't been without it - even on hikes! - for months! :)

I enjoy the dvd in their Tarot Discovery Kit too, with animations of the cards & positive, encouraging suggestions about each one. Total inspiration & comfort (though the dvd was initially a bit too 'perfect' & American in its style of presentation for my somewhat more understated & quiet English taste.)

Le Fanu

I have the ZF, but not the Enchanted. Love the size and the cardstock (another Printed in China one) but I just don't feel any warmth towards it. It's the only deck in my collection which I look at and think of trading (but only sometimes!). Maybe one day I shall grow into it. I find something insubstantial about it. Can't put my finger on it. It's odd as I can see what a complex deck it must have been to put together and I love handicrafts and cross-stitching and collaging and fabrics, but nope...

It's weird how something created with so much attention to details can seem so cold to me.

I love the colours, the borderlessness, the Devil card, but nope. It seems too "prissy" and fussy to me. Yet it is so beautiful.

I actually prefer the LoScarabeo use of the word "Enchanted". I'd be cheering for them if there were a lawsuit! :D I do find something a bit "urgh" about a creater protesting in amazon reviews. Not elegant.

sapienza

I have the smaller Zerner-Farber deck too. Like Le Fanu, there are a lot of things I like about it (size, card stock, lack of borders, colours) and yet I've never used it for reading. I agree it seems like something is missing. Also, from memory, some of the cards have been photographed out of focus and I think some are stretched oddly. One of my pet hates I'm afraid. If an artist is going to go to so much trouble to create 78 works of art then the publisher could at least have the decency to check the photos are in focus and properly aligned before printing.