A "Price" to Pay

Padma

I'll say there's a price to pay! Do you have any idea how much I spent on decks last year?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

That was freaking awesome! :)

Grizabella

I was gonna post this yesterday but got side-tracked.

I think he knows Tarot works because he saw it in action with his mother. I think he could just be afraid that you'll see something he doesn't want you to see if you read for him, so he just used that as an ominous way of getting out of a reading but he doesn't want to outright admit he's afraid of what it might show. :)

Creole

Reading Refusal/Reaction

I've had a few people adamantly refuse a reading with the same kind of fear in their eyes. I just shrug it off and don't push the issue. Everyone's allowed to determine what's right for them.

I had this happen recently myself. A co-worker asked in front of another if I'd give her a reading. I said sure, and not to leave the second co-worker out, I asked if she'd like one too. You would have thought I'd sprouted horns; as she backed away and said "I don't want to invite anything in" I couldn't help myself, I asked what she meant. She said she's a christian and tarot cards call on spirits. I smiled and said okay, that's a no then and left it at that. Thinking to myself, her loss, she might have gained some interesting insight or options to consider. Don't sweat the small stuff I always say.

yannie

I use tarot to communicate with spirits - only the spirits I want to, that is. I have protection on me to keep the unwanted out. Brennenburg, while your friend's roommie just sounds like a scaremonger, the "price" I pay to the universe for answering my questions is just in the form of offerings or doing good deeds.

Heck, even my clairvoyant diviner friend who told me about the price to pay explained to me exactly what! A common way to pay, if we take for granted our "extra knowledge", is with our health - like getting an illness for a period of time but for some reason doctors can't seem to cure it, don't know what caused it, medication doesn't work (& I come from a developed country with reputable, very decent healthcare). The only things to do are the bare basics of living healthy and monitor the illness until it goes away on its own.

I have actually paid with my own health in a way - minor accidents that take long to heal from, lol.

Ok enough scaring you now. Really, it's as simple as doing something good, giving thanks through some action. The lesson here is to be thankful and humble about our gifts, and don't ask for too many favours - some things are meant to be lived and worked out on our own.

yannie

I don't think he knew what he was talking about.
And if he did what he was talking about doesn't have anything do with tarot.
But when you practice spell work or even for that matter manifestation of any kind like people fool around with in that book The Secret..it does have ramifications.
Anytime you manipulate the morfagenic field...which we do all the time by the way...you change things.
If you do a tarot reading and offer someone 2 or 3 paths to take you aren't changing it they are.... by deciding to act or not act.
And by acting or not acting they are changing something....like I said we all do it everyday.
Did you have yogurt this morning instead of bacon and eggs?

So that old saying "be careful what you wish for" probably spawned from people noticing that sometimes wishing for something and getting it up-ends something else in your or a loved ones life.

That is why before initiating any big manifestation...you should always sit with it and look at it from every angle.
Because what you might find wonderful for you, could be heart breaking for someone close to you.

Tarot readings give people paths... it is their freewill to change it by acting or not acting on the situation.
You could argue that by knowing something that was previously unknown to them it is changing the field...
But I find that most reading are confirmation of points that were already known to the client...and sometimes sunk to an subconscious level and the reading lifts them up and out to be looked at.
So in affect the choices were already known....
It's kind of like shopping...you ask to see all the colors of mittens...and then you pick the blue ones.
Would life be different if you had picked the green ones?
Maybe.

If that boys mother really was a witch and practiced manifestation she might have been very sloppy at it and he suffered from the repercussions of her spell work...it is possible.
I agree with this, especially the bolded part. I speak from experience when I say huge manifestations come with huge price to pay (not only health-wise lol). & mine's a tarot-guided manifestation. Not that I mind though. For me, the question was, am I willing to pay that price? My answer's yes, & I pray for exclusion from that which I'd rather not experience. Then I grab the consequences by the horns and ride em.

But OP, if you're not reading tarot for anything of such magnitude, you really don't have to worry :)