97 Card Deck?

Brock Johnson

I just read a thread that mentioned the 76 card decks which I'm familiar to but then also mentioned a 97 card deck. Can anyone enlighten me as to what this is? The person said that this wasn't an oracle either.

Much appreciated,

Brock

Sentient

Brock: the following is taken from Aeclectic's own deck review:

Ancient Minchiate Etruria Tarot (97 cards)

"An early (eighteenth century) tarot deck with some unusual features. The Ancient Minchiate Etruria Tarot has 41 major arcana cards, which include astrological signs, the four virtues, and four elements, but not a high priestess/popess."

You can read more about it and see card images in the "Decks" section.

Brock Johnson

Thank you Sentinent! I like your profile sentence/motto/whatever you want to call it: Je pense, donc je suis.

I won't reveal it if you don't want me to!

Aachoo..Rene Decartes..cough..cough...

Brock :)

Niti

Hmm, I am intrigued. I wonder if there is someplace I can get a better look at this deck.

I'm not sure I'm quite advanced enough yet to move onto something so different from the Rider-Waite, especially since it comes with no book to introduce all the new things to me. But still. I am interested. I'll try to look out for this one.

Brock Johnson

Kilts-knave, I would love to do this but I need to buy the deck from somewhere. Don't worry, I'll find it! I think it sounds so interesting. I mean, I loved learning about tarot, but now, I am not learning as rapidly and so this will give me a boost. I'm also very weak when it comes to astrology so this will DEFINITELY help me out.

Thanks,

Brock

Brock Johnson

I'm checking the deck out right now and it looks like something I would definitely want to pursue, especially during the summer since I will have time.

Thank you everyone for your support. Anymore information like groups or meetings would be great.

Thanks again,

Brock

Niti

Granville Black said:
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/minchiate/index.shtml

This above link in for the Minchiate Tarot. This deck comes with an excellent book by Brian Williams. Well worth the effort if you are truly interested.

I did see this, when looking up the Minchiate, but the pictures on these cards really do not appeal to me.
I may be able to find the book alone from someplace like abebooks, and then not have to spend money on both the boxed set and a seperate set of cards.