$100 - what deck or decks would you buy

gotgothkitty

I posted this on the Tarot Collectors Forum, and I haven't gotten a response yet.

I am really interested in people's answers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
If you had around $100 (not counting postage) to spend on tarot cards, which mass market decks or art/collector's decks would you get?

Right now, I'm pretty excited about getting the Kissatarot, which cost me $41 (28 euros), and the Tarot of the Pomegranate, which will cost me $65. So, all together, it was $106.

Note: The only reason I was able to get the Kissatarot is because of Aeclectic Tarot's lead/link.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks,
Priscilla

Lillie

I'd get the cruel things tarot and spend the rest on drugs and prostitutes.

nisaba

<longingly> could you bump it up to $300, please? If you do, it would all go on the i Tarocchi di Valentina Visconti per il Palio d'Asti / Maria Teresa Perosino, Sergio Panza.

<wipes up dribble>

Otherwise, it would go one one or more of the following: Australian Animals Tarot, William Blake, Paul Gauguin, Tarot of Prague, Decameron, Tarocchi di Giulietta e Romeo ("small" edition), i Tarocchi dei Visconti (Dal Negro Edition), i Tarocchi del Visconti (il Meneghello standard edition), or the Odilon Redon Tarot.

These are currently my desires.

Always gotta have something unattainable to aim for.

karenquilter

You mean, what am I currently lusting after? I'm negotiating for the Aubrey Beardsley Tarot (made by Lillie!), which won't leave much for drugs & prostitutes.
K

Chronata

A hundred bucks will buy me half of the Gaian.

Otherwise I would probably just buy a few things I have wanted, but never got around to buying, like the Sol Invictus, or the Wormweird, and probably a copy of the Legacy of the Divine or the Paulina.

Manda

This list will soon change, because I do not usually let too long go by between beginning to have a tarot wish and making it come true, when it is reachable at least. :p

So today, it would be a Tarot of Trees, a Corte dei Tarocchi, and a Vampire Tarot of Eternal Night.

nisaba

karenquilter said:
You mean, what am I currently lusting after? I'm negotiating for the Aubrey Beardsley Tarot (made by Lillie!), which won't leave much for drugs & prostitutes.
K
Argh! Another one for my named-artists sub-collection! Is it currently available, or still being worked on?

Add it to my list. I have a duty to service my sub-collections, it's only fair to them.

seanchai

Tarot of Dreams, Tarot of the New Vision, Morgan Greer, Quest, and Robin Wood.

I know most people have some/all of these already, but after 4 years of reading, I still only have two decks, so I'm feeling ready to branch out now. :D

Lillie

nisaba said:
Argh! Another one for my named-artists sub-collection! Is it currently available, or still being worked on?

Add it to my list. I have a duty to service my sub-collections, it's only fair to them.

No. Made and sold years ago.

Will never do any more, not ever.

There is a maximum of 44 out there, probably less.

22 first ed, the rest second ed.

And never again, not ever.

I had to cut them all with scissors, and I cried real tears over it all.