Tarot Deck on Shells?

zannamarie

That is quite interesting!

Annabelle

I've never seen such a thing before -- painted tarot stones, yes, but tarot shells? That's a new one on me.

Priced out of my range just now (roof repairs are in the offing), but I'm watching this with curiosity.

Zephyros

Um... did they get tired just before the end and just stop? Why 77?

Le Fanu

Shell tarots - "starting to go up in price" it says in the description. Not sure about that. Unusual item...

Babalon Jones

you drop them in the lake, dive down and grab a handful, come up for air and read them :cool:

AJ

hell to shuffle...or fan as I like to do

RiverRunsDeep

hell to shuffle...or fan as I like to do

I was thinking the same thing. :laugh:

Seriously, though, what a lovely idea for an art project. Now I am
eyeballing my sizable seashell collection (which my DH also eyeballs,
but in a "glaring" kind of way), and thinking of the possibilities.

earthair

So it's got swords, cups, fairy-wands with a star on top, and shields. With King Queen Knight ***ve (knave?) Interesting :livelong:

nisaba

<grin> I can see why they did it. I'm currently painting myself a set of Tarot glass bottles. Shuffling has already been pointed out to me as a potential problem, but I'm enjoying the project. I think I'll just scatter them around the house, and "read" whichever one or ones grabs my attention at the time. A tarot of shells could work the same way. Have them grouped on shelves, in pot-plants, in bowls ... drill tiny holes in them and make mobiles or shell-curtains ... It could be a lot of fun.