The Ocean Oracle: Journey to the Shore and Beyond...

Satori

This coming Saturday I will attend a private workshop with the deck creator of Ocean Oracle and new forum member, shell oracle. I am so grateful to the Universe and my Guides for creating this opportunity for me, because Shelley lives only ten minutes away, one town over!

I can barely contain my excitement as I make plans for Saturday. Imagine a workshop tailored to me and my needs as a reader, that supports my spiritual path and surrounds me with 500 shells! I feel like the space around me is pregnant with positive potential and charged with an electric energy.

This thread will be for discussions of the cards, for insights I make along the way and for the after workshop excitement and pre-public reading anxiety!

It is my hope that as more people discover Ocean Oracle and purchase the system for themselves we will create a large and diverse group of shell readers who can come here and share the secrets that will surely bubble up to the surface for all of us.

The story that was the "clincher" for me came from Shelley herself the day I met her at a Health fair where we were both doing readings. She told me about the conciousness of the shell creatures, that they weren't just dumb lumps of gelatinous goop. I don't think that was my exact quote, ever the conversationalist am I, but I was pretty sure that clams and the like couldn't be too intelligent.

As is her way Shelley aka shell oracle told me the story of the Helmet Conch. It brought tears to my eyes. I was deeply touched by the story, and if we are lucky shell oracle may post it here. The story concerns a rescue mission. I won't go further but let me say it changed forever the view I have of creatures different than us and seemingly less intelligent than us.

I won't get my own Ocean Oracle until Saturday when I see Shelley, but I did play with one yesterday while at the bookstore where I read. It was enlightening. And somewhat poignant as I thought that if we aren't careful of our oceans the Shell oracle pictures so lovingly created by Shelley may one day be the legacy we leave to our kids.

Hopefully as Shelley's message spreads and others come to understand these amazing creatures we will be stepping in a direction of safeguarding ourselves from this outcome.

Acadia

I too have had the luck of meeting Shelley at her home, and her cards have touched me in a profound and spiritually significant way. I now find myself wanting my own shell collection (I'm saving money for a "shell spree" in Rockport MA in June/July), and seeing shells in a different light.

Other than general Oracle-like use, I use the deck in spell casting, blessings, prayers, charging, daily draws, and all sorts of other things. I'm sorting shells by intent and ruled Element for my own spellcasting. I've always had an affinity for the ocean, and this just augments it.

I think setting up a study group so we can all learn from each other and see what we're doing with the deck is a brilliant idea. :) I have about 50 pages of sharing all ready to go. :)

Satori

I'm in a major pearl frenzy.
I love them. Where never before in my life did pearls really speak to me, suddenly I want to adorn myself in pearls.

Also if you notice the flat pearls are suddenly all the rage. I make jewelry and the "dime" pearls are everywhere in all kinds of colors.

Now Shell said that the pearl is the result of an irritant. Well hotdamn I must be part pearl!!! LOL, at least to many folks around here who seem irritated by different things I might do or say! ;) And my kids must be too.....:D

But Acadia, we should look at color correspondances alongside shell correspondances. Because certain pearl colors really speak to me while others leave me cold. I love pink. Pink is a big color for us right now. In fact we just painted the whole house, the walls inside, a very warm pale pink. An almost tanish pink...looks great. The rooms seem to glow, and the hallway is like walking thru a tunnel of glowing soft light.

So Pearl + Pink = ?
Need that Oracle!

memries

This should prove to be very interesting. I have always had an afinity for shells and for pearls for that matter. Just never knew what to do with them except wear them or collect them. When/where is the deck on sale ?

Satori

Meta shops I know that for sure.
Try Amazon, I think that is how Acadia found it.

Satori

Just noticed that the magnet that was in my Easter/Ostara package from floracove is of seashells!!! See the shells are working their way into my life for sure now!

Almost bought half of a chambered nautilus at the flower show...but held back...apparently my higher self wasn't ready to go there yet.

Acadia

elf said:
Meta shops I know that for sure.
Try Amazon, I think that is how Acadia found it.

I don't know how/where my mother found it (she is the one who bought it for me). I believe she got it either from a store in Rockport, MA, or from Isis Books or that other spirituality related bookstore that, if I wasn't so tired, I'd remember the name of.

I have reviewed it on Amazon though, and I know they have it for sale:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/15...0000-5389552?_encoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=283155

Satori

A family emergency came up and I had to cancel the workshop.
I'm in conversation with Shelley about rescheduling it and I think we will have a date nailed down soon.

In the meantime Shell has switched to wireless service for her computer and cannot get it to work just yet. So she hasn't been online at all.

Soon....

shell oracle

I think I have convinced my computer to cooperate again, so let me share a bit more about pearls. The animals who make shells are called mollusks. The name "mollusk" is from the Latin word for soft. That is what these animals are....very soft creatures with no internal skeletons. The shell serves as an external source of structure and support. Because their bodies are so tender, the internal lining of all shells is extremely smooth. In oysters, the material that lines the shell is called nacre.

If an irritant is introduced such as a grain of sand, the oyster immediately wraps it in nacre to smooth the edges of the sand so it doesn't damage its body. This produces a pearl. Mikimoto in Japan used this knowledge to produce cultured pearls...deliberately introducing irritants of chosen shapes which the oyster surrounded with nacre forming man-made pearls.

Based upon this process, the saying arose "from an irritation comes a pearl" It is all about seeing the gift in the situation. That original irritant can bring a gift to your life if you stay open to allowing that to occur.

gravenimages

Hi,

I found this link and was intrigued--and had a look at Amazon--I want to make sure that I'm understanding what I'm reading (alot goes over my head!)--I found the book and card deck on amazon, but do you actually use the shells themselves to read? I recently came back from a shelling expedition in Florida. We were taken to an island on the gulf coast and my sons and daughter plucked whole sand dollars out of the water. Being a Jersey girl where the main shore stock is clams this was a magic moment for me--and this oracle sounds like something really special. Sorry if this is an ignorant question--but I thought that was just wonderful (I like hands on back to basics tools)!

Blessings, Natalie