"Dark" decks

Sophie

The Gothic Tarot of Vampires by LS is my favourite Gothic deck - it's modern but very much full of the spirit of the Vampire myth. It makes for astonishing readings, for myself and others.

petegrey

Seneris-

Your comment (about the Gothic and Fortune cards) intrigued me. I've been wondering about those Madame Endora's Fortune Cards, as the Vargo had a ad card for it slipped in.

Is there a prescribed method somewhere that shows how they work together?
That would be cool.

blackbird78

Dark decks

I enjoy Barbara Walker's deck, it's pretty dark and intense with cards entitled "Hardship" and "Ruin" and the Goddess Kali eating a man's intestines!

Umbrae

If you like to use majors only - and you want dark - but real tarot as opposed to art assigned willy-nilly to the majors like the Giger, you may want to look at the Corneal Edema and the Abysmal (hee hee hee...so you want dark...).

(ps: the latter is not offically out yet)

seneris

petegrey said:
Seneris-

Your comment (about the Gothic and Fortune cards) intrigued me. I've been wondering about those Madame Endora's Fortune Cards, as the Vargo had a ad card for it slipped in.

Is there a prescribed method somewhere that shows how they work together?
That would be cool.

Hi petegrey, what you could do is use the Gothic Tarot in a spread, and use the Endora cards as clarifiers. This can produce great results since the Endora cards have a message printed on the bottom of the cards. I know that Mercenary30 uses the cards in this way. Of course it can be the other way around as well.

Adam McLean

Among the darkest decks must be the Savage Tarot by MichelleX.

Dark in symbolic content and in printing !

Tara2007

Am drawn to the dark decks myself

I love any of the Vampire themed tarot decks I've seen....Voodoo Tarot may be an idea...as well as Lovecraft...

I hope you are up and around soon...and btw Sulis...those discussions will keep me busy for a while too....

Take care

HearthCricket

I am another vote for the Gothic Vargo. I find it very readable, even though I never thought I would go for a deck like this, and I just love my Madame Endora cards. The two work wonderfully together. After watching a few gothic-themed movies, including the latest movie version of Phantom of the Opera, this deck really spoke to me.

The Archeon is dark to many people. I wouldn't call it dark, but I do refer to it as "autumnal" and just love it to pieces. I also find some of the large sized Visconti decks very dark, as well as the Medieval Scapini.

raeanne

Hi all,
I think Crow's Magic is a good deck to use when you need to look at some of the dark elements of the human psyche. It is a great shamanic deck and doesn't shy away from anything.