Tarot Decks that are Indicative of Decades of the 20th Century

tapestry

I was just thinking about how the Morgan Greer seems to be indicative of the 70's and the Housewive's Tarot seems indicative of the 50's.

I thought it might be fun to see if people can list other tarot decks to match other decades of the 20th century in the way their art work is portrayed and/or the theme itself or whatever else you can come up with!

*tap* :)

tapestry

Are there any decks that scream 40's? My husband is particularly interested in things from the 40's (even tho it's way before his time)...

tapestry

Sulis said:
Hoi Polloi - published in 1972 - it looks really psychedelic and makes me think of the late '60s: http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/hoi-polloi/

Aquarian - Makes me think of the '60s too even though it's quite Art Nouveau.
Yes, you are right! I just looked at them and they *do* seem reminscent of the 60's.....the Albano Waite also seems to me like a 60's deck with its psychadelic colors....

AJ

I think the Thoth looks 40's-ish in a Chanel Classic Suit sort of way. When I see the cards it always makes me think of the smell of old ladies closets. Kind of unaired and needing a good shaking out.

Gummy Bear reminds me of the 80's

philebus

Well, it's not an occult pack but Pino Zac's Tarot de l'an 2000 is a very comic look at life now.

baba-prague

The Silicon Valley Tarot is so nineties and the dot.com era, whereas the New York Tarot is very eighties. Interesting how not that many years separate them but they have such very different feelings in terms of era and period.

Then again, this has made me think that some decks that seem indicative of certain decades also seem very much about a particular place in that decade. If you see what I mean.

tapestry

fyreflye said:

Thanks for the link! The place that's selling it is not too far from where I live, too....only thing is: even tho it was made in the 40's, it doesn't really look like things from the 40's like the movie stars from that era, cars, etc.

Thank you, anyway, tho! :)

tapestry

okay, looks like we got some that are indicative of the 1950's, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's and 2000's....

What about before the 1950's, tho, but after the 1900's?