tarot decks that feel alive?

Madame Squee

Quester said:
Cronesayer, I LOVE the way you get into your cards...now I gotta get the Tarot of Pirates...want to have one wink at me too!!
Aye, they be a cheeky, winking lot of scurvy dogs, lass!!! Mind ye, watch them great huge hands! Them scallywags be grabbing and pinching fine young wenches such as yerself! Arrr! ;)

Quizeen

I have found that Mountain Dream speaks to me in this way. It's a photo deck, and there isn't a lot of detail, the people in the cards are the focus. This aspect has actually heightened its ability to "speak" to me. I feel as though I have to calm myself and concentrate more fully than with other decks that readily give up their info. Some might find the hippie-esque clothing and hairstyles of some of the people in the photos off-putting, but it seems very real to me, like people I would meet in life who have strong personalities.

These sample images are not the best or most representative of the deck, imho, but they'll do to give you an idea of what's at work...

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/mountain-dream/index.shtml#cards

I think the Queen of Wands and Queen of Pentacles are particularly evocative in this deck.

bershka

Hiya,

Just got my VRT deck in the mail today!!

I am taking my comments back... I am keeping VRT for life BUT ONLY IF THEY WILL STOP TALKING!

I was interviewing the deck and when I asked its most important characteristic, the two little boys in Page of Wands won't stop singing and they are still singing even when I put them away!!!!

And when I asked its greatest strength, the knight in Knight of Wands doesn't want to leave me alone and keeps trying to charm me!

And its limit? 3 of cups. No wonder this deck is so happy all the time!!!

Bless those cards :D

morticia monroe

The Bohemian Gothic is the one for me that seems to be alive. I feel myself drawn into them when I use that deck. I am loving it more every day.

Cenz

bershka said:
Hiya,

Just got my VRT deck in the mail today!!

I am taking my comments back... I am keeping VRT for life BUT ONLY IF THEY WILL STOP TALKING!

I was interviewing the deck and when I asked its most important characteristic, the two little boys in Page of Wands won't stop singing and they are still singing even when I put them away!!!!

And when I asked its greatest strength, the knight in Knight of Wands doesn't want to leave me alone and keeps trying to charm me!

And its limit? 3 of cups. No wonder this deck is so happy all the time!!!

Bless those cards :D

Hi, i'm a super newbie in tarot card, but i've been considering to get one since i read this forum but still have doubts since i read a lot of bad things about tarot.So i apologize if my questions sound real weird for you guys.

bershka, what you mean by you hear them sing?as in you really hear it with your ears or?And can anyone describe to me how can i tell if my cards is talking to me??i'm really clueless about all this. :(

Grizabella

Cenz said:
bershka, what you mean by you hear them sing?as in you really hear it with your ears or?And can anyone describe to me how can i tell if my cards is talking to me??i'm really clueless about all this. :(

When we say the cards "sing" or "talk", we're just using a figure of speech. :) It's our way of saying that the cards are very easy for us to read. As you gain more experience, you'll see what we mean.

Emily

I found the New Orleans Voodoo tarot to be very insistent in trying to make me understand it. I wasn't ready so its on the backburner for now.

A deck I really feel alive using is the Liber T - its given me many "Aha" moments and I've found it has a unique sense of humour, that really shows up in my dailies with it. Where else would you get a card that shows a headless person running round on a day when you feel totally out of it. LOL

Sar

firefrost said:
Definitely the Victorian Romantic for me, too.

Be prepared to find that some decks that 'speak' to you are ones that you wouldn't normally have given a second thought to. I've found this to be so, myself!

Oje. I hated the VR when I saw it online, but then Nina sold som deck and I took a shoot and now I can not be with out it.

Jewel

firefrost said:
Definitely the Victorian Romantic for me, too.

Be prepared to find that some decks that 'speak' to you are ones that you wouldn't normally have given a second thought to. I've found this to be so, myself!
I cannot agree more with this post. All the decks I use that speak loud and clear to me were decks I never thought I would be able to read with *LOL*. Decks that have had that effect on me are: Cosmic Tribe, Victorian Romantic, Fey, Tarot for Cats, and after study Fantastic Meangerie.

raventepes

Most of my decks talk to me. Some more clearly than others. I'm not going to go too indepth for which ones talk with me the best seeing how I just woke up, but my "elemental" decks are among those that speak to me the best. They're also the decks that I bring with me to most gurilla sittings becasue they can handle anything. There are the Quest and BG Silver (general readings), Haindl (fire), Archeon (water), Fantastical (air), Sacred Circle (earth), Vargo Gothic (Shadow), and Cosmic Tribe (light).

A couple others to mention though are my Rohrig, Celtic Dragon, and most recently, my Wormweird.