Modern Spellcaster's Tarot Delayed Until September 18th

Theta Choir

Just a heads-up in case anyone else was looking for information about the release of the Modern Spellcaster's Tarot by Melanie Marquis (with art by Scott Murphy).

I had pre-ordered it from Amazon way back in May. It was originally supposed to be released on September 8th, but the release date came and went with no shipping notification. (Sad face)

But! I just noticed that Melanie Marquis posted this message on her Facebook page:

"The release date for the Modern Spellcaster's Tarot has been pushed back to September 18th. Somehow I expected that, so while I'm mildly disappointed, this small confirmation of my psychic abilities is a comfort in these dark times. :)" (September 10 at 8:16pm)

I just thought I'd post this in case anyone else was wondering what was up with the deck. I'm still eagerly awaiting it, and fortunately the wait shouldn't be *that* much longer. (I hope!)

markdc10

Amazon marked the shipment as delivered and the following is the in accurate reply from sending an inquiry to them.
Fact: this Tarot deck was never shipped
Fact: this isn't on back order. I pre ordered the item and it hasn't been released to them

I am questioning the wisdom of pre-ordering with Amazon, especially for something of this importance. I am usually more patient waiting. However, I have never had a pre-order fall though the way this one has.

I am very much looking forward to having this specific Tarot deck.

Received from Amazon 08/17/2016
Your Account Amazon.com
Message From Customer Service
Hello,

I'm sorry for any misunderstanding with your order #xxx-xxxx-xx-xxxx

The order is not yet shipped out yet. I see that the "Modern Spellcaster's Tarot" is back-ordered. I’m sorry about this delay—we certainly didn’t expect that this would happen. As you may know that availability of the item subject to changes.

Unfortunately the supply for some items will be limited and they sellout quickly. Sometimes, unexpected fluctuations in supply can add time to our original availability estimate. Though the item is out of stock, we do list the item and receive the order. Once we receive the order we will immediately contact the supplier to obtain the item. Sometimes as the case like yours shipped to failed to obtain the item.

So we need to order your copy of item from a different supplier, and it will take us slightly longer than we anticipated to ship this item to you. I apologize that you were not notified sooner of this change in availability.

Although the shipping method is faster, it’ll still take some time to get the item. As soon as we receive more stock, we’ll ship your order and send you an e-mail to let you know.

One of our aims at Amazon.com is to provide a convenient and efficient service; in this case, we haven't met that standard. I'm truly sorry, and I hope you'll give us another chance in the future.

Thanks for your understanding and patience. We look forward to seeing you again soon.​​

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the links below to tell us about your experience today.

Best regards,
Sashidharan N.

Dee Ell

Yeah, that's bs. To me it looks like they take pre orders but then ship out decks to people who order them after it's released immediately, leaving the pre orders hanging. That happened to me recently where I had pre ordered a deck in early June and saw people on AT who had only just found out about it the week it was released who got theirs in a few days, meanwhile I was still waiting...

So the only advantage to pre ordering would be if you got a good discount for the pre order price...

Theta Choir

Yeah, I placed my order on May 22, 2016, and I'm also seeing the "Not Shipped Yet" and "Out of Stock" messages.

Considering that this deck has hardly even been discussed anywhere, I also find it hard to believe that they would already be out of stock on something that should have been reserved for me nearly 4 months ago. I could understand if it was the new "it" deck that the whole tarot world had been buzzing about for ages and demand was high, but...I highly doubt that is the case here.

Color me skeptical.

littlethings

Yeah, I placed my order on May 22, 2016, and I'm also seeing the "Not Shipped Yet" and "Out of Stock" messages.

Considering that this deck has hardly even been discussed anywhere, I also find it hard to believe that they would already be out of stock on something that should have been reserved for me nearly 4 months ago. I could understand if it was the new "it" deck that the whole tarot world had been buzzing about for ages and demand was high, but...I highly doubt that is the case here.

Color me skeptical.

I ordered this from Amazon back in January. I'm still waiting. I wrote to them about it and got a response that didn't answer any of my questions. Kind of frustrating

elisabeth_alba

My husband, Scott Murphy, is the artist for the deck. Neither he nor Melanie is happy about the delays! I can't explain Amazon's problem being sold out already, but I know the printing of the deck was delayed, thus the release date was also delayed. Melanie has received the deck though (yay!) and she posted a photo of it on her facebook. So it does exist! Scott hasn't received his shipment yet. We're very excited to finally see it in person though after all the hard work and all this time that has passed since he started working on it!

rwcarter

My husband, Scott Murphy, is the artist for the deck. Neither he nor Melanie is happy about the delays! I can't explain Amazon's problem being sold out already, but I know the printing of the deck was delayed, thus the release date was also delayed. Melanie has received the deck though (yay!) and she posted a photo of it on her facebook. So it does exist! Scott hasn't received his shipment yet. We're very excited to finally see it in person though after all the hard work and all this time that has passed since he started working on it!
Welcome to Aeclectic Elizabeth (and by extension Scott)!

I can only assume that Amazon being sold out means that they've allocated all of their initial shipment to pre-orders, so until they get their second shipment, they won't be able to fulfill any new orders. But that's not to say that the initial and second orders won't come at the same time, so that folks who order even though it's sold out receive their orders before folks who pre-ordered.

Rodney

littlethings

Yes, welcome, Elisabeth! :)

I know I've been frustrated with the delays so I can't even imagine how frustrating the wait is for all of you. The deck looks amazing, and I can't wait to see it. It's the one new deck I've been most excited about. :)

markdc10

Welcome to Aeclectic Elizabeth (and by extension Scott)!

I can only assume that Amazon being sold out means that they've allocated all of their initial shipment to pre-orders, so until they get their second shipment, they won't be able to fulfill any new orders. But that's not to say that the initial and second orders won't come at the same time, so that folks who order even though it's sold out receive their orders before folks who pre-ordered.

Rodney

Actually I did pre-order this Tarot deck close to winter this year. Actually I do not think that Amazon is being straight forward about their pre-orders.

markdc10

Ordered from another source last night

Hi

I am frustrated with the lack of follow up from Amazon. So last.night I ordered from https://www.llewellyn.com. It looks like they already shipped it. I am going out of town in two weeks and I really want this to take with me. Also curiosity has gotten the better of me I had to see if I will get it before the Amazon order. I am not currently waiting for anyother Tarot decks. Either way I want this one very much!