Moon/Yesod - Sun/Tipharet

talerman

Hello to everyone!

I am new in this forum. Just as a short introduction,my spiritual way is connected to tarot, qabbalah, enochian magick and gnosticism. I am Serbian and live in China and for this reason I am also learning buddhism and taoism.

I have a question to ask all of you!

Do you think that there is a difference between the arcana Moon and the sephira Yesod, and between the arcana Sun and the sephira Tipharet?

If there is a difference (and I think there is) and if you find this item interesting and beneficial, maybe we can have a discussion about it!

Peace, light and love

bradford

The Arcanum of The Moon isn't normally given to the Sephirot Yesod. The High Priestess is, whose Astrological signifier is the Moon. The Moon card is more normally given to Pisces, but is maybe more appropriate to the 12th House, natural to Pisces.
I think there's a big difference between correspondence, resonance, or ying4 in Chinese, and equality, identity or sameness. There is a big difference between Tipareth and Sol, and between Yesod and Luna, and no historical connection, but if you take to studying the assignments you are sure to expand your understanding of both sides.
I think the Tarot trump assignments to the Sephiroth come by way of the Astrological, which in turn come by way of the way the six points of the Shield of David fit onto the Tree of Life, with the center being Sol and Tiparerth and the bottom being Luna and Yesod. This also shows up Crowley's error in assigning Kronos, or at least his reflection on our ego, to Binah instead of Daath. If the connections were made straight out of Astrology, Luna might have been handed to the Moon card.
So I think the connection might be that Sol and Tiparteth each refer in their own way to the sentient center of our being, the synergy that comes from the harmonies of life, and Luna's Priestess and Yesod to the plasticity, or the fluid and sensitive chaos that allows us to emerge in the first place.

talerman

Thanks Bradford,

I also think that there is something which makes our Moon and all other moons in the universe to be Moon-like planets. That something is, according to my opinion, the arcanum of Moon.

On the other side, the Yesod is connected to our own Moon, and not to just any other moon in the universe.

Shaymus

Hi

The majors are assigned to the paths, while the minors (1-10 plus the courts) are assigned to the sephiroth.

Yygdrasilian

Caduceus Rising

The double letters of the Hebrew alphabet may be found upon both paths and points of the Tree. Their descent in sequence as Sephirot is attuned to their speeds observed from Earth.

Around our middle pillar the twin serpents twine when One realizes our marriage of opposites thru the chymical wedding.

Between Foundation ☽ [Yesod] and Beauty ⨀ [Tipareth] Samekh ♐ is propped like a spear ready to pierce the eyelids of The Sun. This is our approach to Solomon's House, where the Temple is rebuilt within.

2 = II, XX, XI
6 = VI, XV
5 = V, XIV
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_3eKuFFHGH30/THLurQGu7-I/AAAAAAAAARM/Zco1_t8tfOQ/s1600/PARADOX.jpg

÷ 153
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/153_(number)#In_the_Bible
as above, so below

Yet there is a tradition by which we must first unite four Trees by gaining mastery over each of their elements, Spirit reigning as a King over The Kingdom [♁ Malkut].http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_3eKuFFHGH30/TKbdveRBEnI/AAAAAAAAASU/SLOfY-up1mc/s1600/decan+pie.jpg

Only then are we ready to rise to height of our Crown
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_3eKuFFHGH30/TKbdvLtBfwI/AAAAAAAAASM/h85x9OjyRE0/s1600/Chariot.jpg 69

hoomer

wg gray's assignment places the sun by tifferet and the moon by yesod....

Hello to everyone!

I am new in this forum. Just as a short introduction,my spiritual way is connected to tarot, qabbalah, enochian magick and gnosticism. I am Serbian and live in China and for this reason I am also learning buddhism and taoism.

I have a question to ask all of you!

Do you think that there is a difference between the arcana Moon and the sephira Yesod, and between the arcana Sun and the sephira Tipharet?

If there is a difference (and I think there is) and if you find this item interesting and beneficial, maybe we can have a discussion about it!

Peace, light and love

venicebard

Trumps XVIII and XVIIII are assigned to letters late in the alphabet by modern occultists, who place letters and trumps in order side by side: those who start with alef = LeMat (Fool) put them on qof and reysh respectively, whilst those who start with alef = LeBateleur (Juggler, Magician) put them on tzaddi and qof respectively. Both camps seem happy, so of course neither is right. But there is a numbering system for letters that fits all 22 to trumps that clearly, without stretching, bear out the significance of the shapes and names of the individual letters in the several alphabets prominent since antiquity, namely that given in medieval Irish bardic tradition. It stipulates 0 through 16, while 17-21 (evidently kept secret) are obvious once the rest have been assigned, thus yielding XVIII Moon as qof—Q (Kk), quert the apple (hence Q's fruit-with-stem shape), glossed in the Book of Ballymote as "shelter of a hind" (hence face taking shelter in moon's orb in Tarot of Marseilles image)—and XVIIII Sun as yod—Y (Ii), Gr. ischias, the mistletoe or loranthus (Virgil's 'golden bough', whose practice of rooting itself in another tree rather than in earth is why Hebrew yod hovers above the line on which one writes).

Sun and moon have more than one place in the scheme of Kabbalah. But I should first point out that the only error in Hermetic Kabbalah's transmission of the otherwise correct (meaning original or authentic) assignment of the Asiyah world's planetary cycles to Sefirot concerns the sun: they put it at 6, Tiferet, whereas in reality its proper (higher) station is 2, Hokhmah, the great year, which itself more or less contains 6 and 10 (year and day), being the flux in the relationship between ecliptic (plane of sun's revolution or year) and equator (plane of earth's rotation or day). Indeed 2 (inert helium), 6 (life's carbon), and 10 (inert neon) define the initial structure or 'grid' of the periodic table, but that's another story.

The several sun-moon assignments are:

(1) There are the trumps (XVIIII and XVIII), which correlate them with the appropriate atom-types: potassium, atomic number 19, the mineral which when plentiful in the diet signifies a diet of mostly vegetables, product of the sun's light; and argon, atomic number 18, used to replace air in lightbulbs (so filament won't burn), which are used to imitate the moon.

(2) Then there are the Sefirot in the material or Asiyah world (whose Sefirot are planetary cycles): the sun or great year, 2 (controling or linking 6 and 10); and the moon or month, 9.

(3) Then there is the question of which of the seven 'double letters' (stops B, P, D, T, G, K, and rolled or repeated stop R) correspond to sun and moon. This question is harder than some let on, for the various prominent Kabbalists have assigned them differently (one more symptom an underlying core of knowledge was lost). I have long pondered the question and still can only offer the probability that T or tav was the sun and K or kaf the moon. My justification of this would take several paragraphs, but it is reasonably solid. By Irish bardic numbering (what clearly was used by TdM's creators), this means sun's tav is 11—whose digits add to 2, sun's place on the Tree—tinne the holly, trump XI LaForce signifying what works through the sun or heart, namely conscience (what controls the lion's jaws); and moon's kaf is 9—moon's place on the Tree—coll the hazel, trump VIIII L'Hermite signifying what works through the moon or kidneys, namely need to wander off alone (lol, and who's to say tarot's designers had no sense of humor).

There is a relationship, of course, between planetary cycles and atom-types, for it is apparent that the great year (cycle of precession of equinoxes), being the only cycle measured in tens of thousands of years, points to the time-level of radioactive half-lives, which helium (atomic number 2, first discovered in the light spectrum of the sun) results from, whilst the cycle of 6-carbon IS the year and the cycle of 10-neon IS the day (picture Las Vegas at night).

I am sure all the above has succeeded in doing is showing what a complicated question you asked; for I've only scratched the surface of a proper answer—and even doing that I've undoubtedly said what will cause others here to say, "For shame! what is he talking about?"

May truth light your quest!