2010 Top Ten Decks

Alta

Top Ten Decks in 2010

Voting in Aeclectic Tarot's yearly polls to discover the most popular Tarot decks is now open! Cast your vote for your favourite deck released in 2010, and of all time.
Are you reading the list for last year gregory? Because this is what I see at the top of:

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/vote.shtml

gregory

No - as I just PMd you - the link in question is this one:

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/vote-2010-decks.shtml

where it says:

Voting for this year's Top Ten Decks list is now open! Cast your vote here for your favourite deck that was published, or re-released, during 2009.

cardlady22

Well, I've done my voting for this one.
I like to see what comes up, but the fun part (for me) is seeing what I go through to get there. :laugh:

There's a silly phase of agony that I don't have the time/money to get many self-published ones; leaving them out of my personal consideration since I don't know them. There's a point where I sit down & sternly remind myself that "best of all time" has to be more than just liking the artwork. That leads to the Regret period since I am not much of a Reader. Is it even fair of me to participate in that one? :grin:

ETA: I am guilty of not reading through. The statement says Vote here for your favourite deck from any year.

Vesper

Also add the Steampunk to the list of 2010 decks. I think I'll probably vote for that one.

strings of life

evelone said:
Also add the Steampunk to the list of 2010 decks. I think I'll probably vote for that one.
That's what I voted for.

I didn't buy or keep many off of the 2010 list.

The best deck of all time is more my speed and I am really not sure about which one to vote for.

ETA: After reading the results, how boring!

Chiska

My favorite of all time - Thoth.

Favorite of 2010? That was hard as I didn't get any new releases. I got a Bohemian Gothic, 2nd edition, but I am not sure that counts. Though, it is a bit different than the old one.

Glitterbird

I recently picked up a copy of Morgan's tarot. This deck is a complete hoot, so light hearted but very informative. It doesn't follow traditional tarot, but I love it so much it has earned my vote!

All time favorite is still the Deviant Moon

gregory

Chiska said:
For me, the best of all time - Thoth.
But it doesn't SAY best; it says favourite. For me there is a massive difference....

Chiska

gregory said:
But it doesn't SAY best; it says favourite. For me there is a massive difference....

Sorry about that - my FAVORITE deck of all time is the Thoth.

Is that better?

gregory

It's not what you said !!! It's what people think they are voting for that troubles me - this comes up every year and usually I studiously don't get involved as a result !

My favourite deck is well known to anyone who checks my profile (de la Rea) and I voted for it. But I would never say it was the BEST deck of all time. I might well put the Thoth for that actually- but on the whole I think I'd feel it was impossible to say which was BEST.