1 or 2 decks? (why not 1000 ? :)

giustizia

The Daemon Tarot by Ariana Osborne is my personal oracle deck. It's sassy, funny, and just as fiery as you would expect a deck about demons to be! I use this deck exclusively for shadow work because there are so many layers of meaning within each card. However, I've heard that other people have gotten mean or snarky responses from it, so I'm not going to take that chance with clients.

As for my tarot decks, I feel very comfortable using them for others. I like to pick one to carry around with me during the day, and I've had some very fun impromptu readings with friends that way.

Right now I keep them on a shelf next to my bed, but I'm hoping to get some nice velvet bags to replace their boxes. :)

Krakken

But I don't associate decks with types of questions.
I do. and that´s how i keep them "alive". im not gonna buy a tarot deck just to keep it in a box. what i do is...

after opening the box, i shuffle the card, then i ask ... what type of tarot is it, what kidn of personality it has and what kind of question it could answer. :).

Krakken

The Daemon Tarot by Ariana Osborne is my personal oracle deck. It's sassy, funny, and just as fiery as you would expect a deck about demons to be!QUOTE]

absolut agree with you. i´ve got this deck... still wondering why do they havent include more entities. :)

Citrin

I’ve never had any ”just for myself” tarot deck. I use all of my decks, except for around 5-6 decks that are waiting to be given away or sold. Otherwise I use them all whenever I feel my intuition needs that kind of art. :) Doesn’t matter if it’s for others or for myself. I rarely do face to face readings, but when I do I only let the seeker cut the deck, not shuffle, but this is ONLY because people not used to tarot decks seem to get nervous by the size and don’t know how to shuffle them. ;) So I just let them focus on the question.

Some of my decks haven’t been used in a long time. But I don’t mind that. I know that all of a sudden I will want to let them out and play, when the time is right. :)

giustizia

absolut agree with you. i´ve got this deck... still wondering why do they havent include more entities. :)

Well, the deck is made from the original 69 drawings in the Infernal Dictionary. I agree, the name is a bit misleading! But I like that she stayed true to the vintage feel and didn't add any more. :)

Do you use your oracle decks for others too?

Krakken

Well, the deck is made from the original 69 drawings in the Infernal Dictionary. I agree, the name is a bit misleading! But I like that she stayed true to the vintage feel and didn't add any more. :)

Do you use your oracle decks for others too?

I do! And the oracle is always "in your face".

Tanga

Hej Fellas !

I would like to know If you use two diffrents decks one for personal reading and meditation (If you do it)and another for your regular readings?

I love my deck, but sometimes I feel like. 1. the message is not for me and 2. Some friends, curious people and querents cannot help touching them (grr).

Wanting to hear about your opinions :)

Decks I use just for myself:

1) Tarot of the Cat People - for ritual and magick
2) Barbara G Walker Tarot - for ritual and magick
3) Golden Tarot (Black) - to talk to my spirit guides
4) Fradella Adventure, and Witches Tarot (Dugan) used for Daily draws.

5) List of decks that are used just on the "Tarot Altar":-
- Afro-American, Tarot of the Tattwas (OOP), Tarot Reversals, Spill Tarot, Housewives Tarot, Golden Dawn Temple Tarot major arcana, Everyman Tarot colourised major arcana, Magneta Tarot.
6) OOP decks never used for other people:-
- Tarot of the cloisters, Tarot 184.

Favourite decks that I use to read for others - and like to use alot myself - I'll usually have a 2nd copy of - so one for me and one for them. Sometimes - I'll choose by mood which deck to use.
Or sometimes (by mood) I'll let the seeker choose which deck they'd prefer (usually I present them with a page colour copy - showing 'The Fool' from each available reading deck).

Plus - I have that Daemon deck. It's fab! :)

Krakken

Decks I use just for myself:

1) Tarot of the Cat People - for ritual and magick
2) Barbara G Walker Tarot - for ritual and magick
3) Golden Tarot (Black) - to talk to my spirit guides
4) Fradella Adventure, and Witches Tarot (Dugan) used for Daily draws.
:)

Please tell me about Fradella Adventure! Cause it might be my next adquisition. Accuracy?

gregory

I have a lot. I use whichever I feel like, or whichever my sitter asks me to.

nisaba

I have a lot. I use whichever I feel like, or whichever my sitter asks me to.

<grin> You are perhaps best placed to answer the "Why not 1000" part of the title. Do you have over 2,000 decks yet?