Ana Cortez (Playing Card Oracles) videos on Youtube

Myrrha

Ana Cortez has put up a very generous series of Youtube vidoes in the past couple of months.

If you go to her channel, 52CardMagic, you will see all the videos. There are several which are titled "2012 and Your Card Reading Practice" but she only talks about 2012 a little bit in the first segment, the series is really all about the court cards.

There are also videos about the four suits and their seasonal and elemental associations as well as the meanings of numbers and the way the 52 card playing deck relates to the solar and lunar calendar. Her take on the court cards might be interesting to tarot readers as well.

MareSaturni

I've been watching them ever since she started posting. They are amazing!

She stopped making them for a while though, because her father passed away a week ago. He father was the designer of the Playing Card Oracles deck... he devouted his life to the study of playing cards and their story. My heart goes out for Ana and her family during this time of deep sorrow... :(

In any case, I really recommend her videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/52CardMagic

Enjoy!

Libra8ca

Those videos are excellent; I've watched each one! :thumbsup:
I keep checking the website for new videos but after hearing about her father passing away there probably won't be any new ones for a while. So sorry to hear about this :(

Lela

I have been watching her videos too since she started posting them... they really are fantastic to watch. So sad to hear about her father, had no idea. My thoughts go out to her and her family. He certainly left a lovely legacy behind for all to enjoy.

Myrrha

Oh, how sad! I didn't realize her father had passed on recently.

He really created something special and of lasting value in designing those cards. They are beautiful but also have a strangeness and mystery to them. He must have been a wonderful person with a great understanding of human nature and so many other things. My thoughts and prayers for Ana and her family.

lark

I too have really been enjoying watching them...I love how soft and used her deck is, and you can tell she has an intimate relationship with each card.
One thing about this deck there is a vast amount of study and knowledge behind the creation of it...very impressive.
You feel you are really holding card history in your hands when you use it.
So sorry to hear her father has crossed.
I was thinking of him as I was watching one of the videos..

MareSaturni

lark said:
I too have really been enjoying watching them...I love how soft and used her deck is, and you can tell she has an intimate relationship with each card.
One thing about this deck there is a vast amount of study and knowledge behind the creation of it...very impressive.

Yes. This deck has a lot of study and research behind it. It's a treasure. It's my main oracle reading deck, I'm happy to say my copy is pretty worn too, and I love it! When I started studying it in 2007 few people knew it, so I had to walk this path alone... I'm so happy to see more people becoming interested in learning it :)

Ana is a great person, very approachable, and she really knows her tool. The deck is an old friend to her, and after you start using it, it becomes and ld friend to you too. I know mine is, I don't leave my home without it! :)

dvorah ophir

hi marina

when i read your posts about ana cortez it seems to me like you know her and actualy met her pesonaly- is that true?
i also am seeing her videos and did not know her father had died.sorry to hear about that.
i love the deck and altho it is not at all my first, it is the first that i actualy have started to do reading with for other poeple and that will always put it in a special place in my heart.
i realy like the drawing.
dvorah

MareSaturni

dvorah ophir said:
when i read your posts about ana cortez it seems to me like you know her and actualy met her pesonaly- is that true?

I never met her in person, unfortunately, but I've been lucky enough to have the opportunity to talk to her sometimes through email, which made me appreciate her and her father's work even more :)

Moonbow

Excellent videos by Ana Cortez and I'm quite taken by her approach to divination in general. I've yet to explore all of her book, and have barely looked at the cards so far, but she has a commonsense approach to reading with playing cards and I find many similarities with the way I would read the pips in a Marseilles deck. I think the similarities will enhance my understanding of the Marseilles.