Tarot decks that speak in first-person

koreofmyth

Do you know any Tarot deck guidebooks that speak in first-person? I'm looking for cards that introduce themselves and their meaning in first-person, similar to the Camelot Oracle, Mother Mary Oracle and Liquid Crystal Oracle, but for Tarot.

RiverRunsDeep

I think Waking the Wild Spirit does that. I no longer have the guidebook, so I can't give you a specific example, but I remember each card description was like a conversation in which the card was speaking to me and giving a first person account of its many characteristics.

daphne

The way of Tarot by Alejandro Jodorowsky

Each major arcana has a sub-chapter "and if 'the card' spoke".
Marseille deck.

Bookwight

The Complete Arthurian Tarot by Caitlin and John Matthews (the edition released in 2014) has a bit of this. The book has about 90 pages of card meanings and then about 150 pages of the Hallowquest course you can work through for the cards (a combined reprint of earlier books). In the course section of the book, as you work with each card, they "speak."

Example: Spear Nine (aka Nine of Wands) speaks, "I am the last defender of the shore. All that is strongest resides in me. I will never be overcome, save by death itself."

Minors tend to be brief, Major Arcanas say a little more.

Not sure if that's what you're looking for, but happy hunting, anyway. :)

Aeric

The Medicine Woman Tarot has interpretations called The Card Speaks.

_R_

Richard Gardner's "The Tarot Speaks".

Note: this is not a LWB, it is a 1970s paperback with 22 chapters corresponding to the Major Arcana written in the first-person.

The illustrations accompanying the text are black and white woodcuts or line drawings, mostly of the Marseilles variety, but with a couple of RWS ones thrown in for good measure.

Edited to add that the deck in question is that of the late Frank Lind's Insight Institute. Images may be seen here: http://www.wopc.co.uk/tarot/insight-institute

koreofmyth

Thank you so much for all your recommendations, you've saved me a lot of time sifting through decks. Blessings to you..

EightWands

Thelema tarot does that too.