Working your Intuition with the Fey

lunalafey

I have found that the Fey are really good about giving me intuitional insights.
For example; I did a five card reading- keeping to the cards and thier 'designated' meanings, but as I drew them, little intuitive zaps hit me.
I saw a sister of friend who was pregnant and lost the baby- this had happened many years ago and that the child was either Virgo or Libra. The message came so powerfully that I contacted the 'sitter' before I did the formal reading.
I asked about this and the response was, 'yes, it was my sister, the baby was born Sept 21. She had a girl that died three days after birth.' (Libra)

The Fey can be a very easy deck as long as one does not confine themselves to traditional meanings and just let the images speak for themselves. The Fey also help trigger one's intuitive senses.
So I propose a small study in this aera- something like an experiment.
But before I explain how it will go, I'd like to hear a few other stories about the Fey/Intuitive combination, as well as any other thoughts or ideas on the subject.

lunalafey

no-one with anything to add?
oh-well.....is there anyone wanting to participate?
What does it involve? you say?

Well for starters- the first part is done as an individual.
A five card spread- some impressions before the cards are drawn and then a look back at the week and seeing how everything fits- or not....

the second part will be in pairs....

anyone interested?

Imagemaker

Sure, I'll join in, have only been doing daily draws with the faeries.

Five cards to show the past week? Is that right?

ncefafn

I haven't used my Fey deck in ages, lunalafey. This would be a marvelous opportunity to coax them out of hiding. I'm in.

Kim

snowy25

Hi lunalafey and all,

Any excuse to work with the Fey tarot is a good excuse to me.
But I'm not a beginner any more with this deck, does that count?
If not I would gladly participate in the experiment because I really love the deck and maybe I can help out if you like.

Snowy25

Angel Star

This thread sounds very interesting and it will give me an excuse to get my deck out also and use them. I keep saying i will get them out and then it just slips and i forget all about this beautiful deck. I have too many i think. This sounds like an interesting exercise for the fey.

lunalafey

Q & A

Five cards to show the past week? Is that right?

nope- the week ahead. Cards will focus on the week from April 29 to May 6.

The five cards will represent-
FIRE-EARTH-AIR-WATER-SPIRIT
I will give details of the study steps tommorrow

But I'm not a beginner any more with this deck, does that count?

Of course you can participate- I'm not so new with the Fey either.

Here's something you might want to look into before the study- look back at all your Fey (for yourself) readings, then with some follow-up thoughts- How did the Fey 'present' the future?

bleuivy

Sounds interesting. The Fey is one of my favorite decks, so I'd love the opportunity to use it more.

As for stories about intuition using the Fey, I have only one, which isn't really all that fascinating. When I do readings for other people (and myself, really), I'm never quite sure how well I'm doing, how much I'm getting right, etc. This could be because I just started reading the cards in January. Anyway, for the Circle of Stones reading I did for Gardener a few weeks back, when I first drew the cards, they made no sense. So I left them for a bit, and the meaning just struck me; for the first time, I was sure I was on the right track when I wrote up the reading. Ever since then, the Fey have struck me as much more intuitive than the other decks I read with.

Boring story, I know, but it was a big step for me. :)

Imagemaker

NOT a boring story at all -- it's when we wait for the meaning to strike that we've moved beyond formula and memorized keywords. The Fey's images are fantastical and that helps me "see" differently too.

lunalafey

bleuivy said:
As for stories about intuition using the Fey, I have only one, which isn't really all that fascinating. When I do readings for other people (and myself, really), I'm never quite sure how well I'm doing, how much I'm getting right, etc. This could be because I just started reading the cards in January. Anyway, for the Circle of Stones reading I did for Gardener a few weeks back, when I first drew the cards, they made no sense. So I left them for a bit, and the meaning just struck me; for the first time, I was sure I was on the right track when I wrote up the reading. Ever since then, the Fey have struck me as much more intuitive than the other decks I read with.

:)

Great story for it is a wonderful example of one of the 'ways' of the study.

I was going to start with the advise- 'don't think; just do'
Meaning, that to open yourself to intuitive impressions, one must not have any expectations or 'forced' ideas.

For me, I can't find that quite meditative space- some of my best readings are when I'm doing more than one thing at a time- so to speak.
Bleuivy's experience is quite simular.

Imagemaker-
I might there be a few pieces of advise you could add here?

The study-
The first part of this is to get your deck out of course.
Have it there with your notebook/journal....
While shuffling the cards....without thinking....write down 3 to 5 things (or more) that come to mind while you shuffle- you can set the cards down and pick them back up to shuffle between each impression- or just let the impressions flow and note it afterwards, what ever works best for you.

These impressions-
It can be a number a color- an object, a scenery....what ever it is, write it down.
Some might suddenly smell something, something might unexplainable might happen- sudden winds that open doors, flicker of lights, phone rings once....

Now to the cards- your pulling of the cards will be like a drum beat. Meaning each card qets quick; but equal time in the spotlight.
The idea is not to really analize the card as it's being pulled, but to soak up it's essence. With each card you will have some quick thoughts about it-
take note of these little tidbits that came to you while each card has it's second in the spotlight.

Is there a story? do the cards do that funny tarot link to card to card to card thing?
Write down, as small as it may seem, anything that goes through your mind, even if it is unrelated to the cards.

With that- done, do a reading as usual.

After the week is over we will go back and look at the impressions and the reading together with the events of the week.

Post your reading here in the Fey forum with W.I.F-'name' as the title.