Zerner Farber...on my list for 4 years...until now

lawguy51

When I first got into Tarot I went through the extensive list on Aeclectic Tarot and decided which decks I liked, ones that appealed to me on some level. At the time I owned two decks, The Mythic Tarot and the 1JJ Swiss. One I had purchased as research for my novel (Mythic) and one I had owned for 30 years, a souvenir from my college days. In quick succession I purchased the Universal Waite, Victoria Regina and many others. I now own about 40 decks. But there was one deck I liked immediately but never purchased, the Zerner Farber. I remember reading that it was really small and some people didn't care for it and I probably thought that maybe it was a little too girlie for macho me :). But a friend recently gave me the deck as a birthday present and I liked it immediately. (And no, I don't find it a girlie deck at all!...see Robin Wood for that :) ). It is a very beautiful deck and reads very well so far. I am enjoying it very much. Any other fans out there?

Lawguy51

Briar Rose

I have the Enchanted tarot deck by Zerner/Faber. I love it. I think that one is light and fluffy. I don't mind it at all when I need comfort. I feel the cards are right on for me. I appreciate them.

I am glad to hear some else likes Zerner/Faber stuff. I like their website also. I have the meditation kit also.

WolfyJames

I remember a review on this deck written by Lee here who was saying it's not a girly deck even though it looks like it. The Enchanted Tarot is my first deck, I fell in love with the Moon card that was on the box, I had to have it. The sides of the cards have yellowed a little since then. A few years after I bought it, I learned how to cross-stitch which made me appreciate even more the amount of work involved in the creation of the deck. I still cherish this deck after all these years (12?). ;)

Fulgour

Zerner Tapestry Deck

lawguy51 said:
Any other fans out there?
Hi :) lawguy51! If you look on the back of the cards,
it says~ "Fabric Collage Tapestry by Amy Zerner" :)
I like to think of the deck by that name...why not!?

Monte Farber strikes me as a marketing guru flake.
He claims in an Amazon rant against Lo Scarabeo's
use of the name "Enchanted Tarot" that he's 'sold'
250,000 copies of that deck...gimme a break dude.

WolfyJames

Fulgour said:
Hi :) lawguy51! If you look on the back of the cards,
it says~ "Fabric Collage Tapestry by Amy Zerner" :)
I like to think of the deck by that name...why not!?

Monte Farber strikes me as a marketing guru flake.
He claims in an Amazon rant against Lo Scarabeo's
use of the name "Enchanted Tarot" that he's 'sold'
250,000 copies of that deck...gimme a break dude.

Well, the deck is over a decade old and still in print, enough time for the deck to maybe reach these sale numbers, there is the smaller version as well. As for Lo Scarabeo's Enchanted Tarot, I was myself insulted they'd used an identical name of a tarot that was already out, especially that Lo Scarabeo's Enchanted Tarot is ugly and not "enchanting" at all IMHO.

Fulgour

WolfyJames said:
Well, the deck is over a decade old and still in print, enough time
for the deck to maybe reach these sale numbers...
I do enjoy being an enthusiastic Tarot collector...
it is one of the benefits of being happily involved~
reading & studying is only 'part' of the fun of it all.

But in all the whole wide world you will not find
a market that size for a Tarot deck. Not any...

redflash

I have the zerner-farber & the big version, the enchanted. Gorgeous, & the companion book for the enchanted is amazing.

fairyhedgehog

Okay, lawguy, I object :D Now I want the zerner-farber too! It's one that I've liked the look of for quite some time but never got round to buying. But I can't get more decks, the list just keeps growing!

Maybe it's time to do some trading :)

Ruby7

I have both the "Enchanted" and the smaller "Zerner Farber".

I love Amy's artwork--so imaginative. I think the style on the surface is on the "romantic" side but there is also a much deeper element to the cards if you really study them. This is what makes a deck truly worthwhile having and using for me.

I prefer the smaller size of the Zerner-Farber deck and find that I use it much more than the unshuffable Enchanted (I have small hands)

All the best,
Ruby7

lawguy51

Fulgour said:
But in all the whole wide world you will not find
a market that size for a Tarot deck. Not any...
Maybe he counts the sale of a deck as selling 78 tarot cards ;).

Lawguy51