The Gothic Tarot by Vargo - Ace, Two and Three Of Pentacles

mercenary30

Three of Pentacles

The scene is of a section of wall. On the top side there are three pentacles mounted on the wall. Below them is a ledge, and three ravens are standing on it. There is one underneath each of the pentacles. Below the ledge is another façade of the jester face similar to the one found in the two of pentacles, except this one has a disparaging face. From behind the head, stylized vines form fleur-de-lis like spirals on each side of the head.

This card to me looks like the depiction is of the meanings that most people would consider reversed, or what I would call poorly dignified. There is a stalemate, a standstill, and no progress is being made. The whole scene is inactive enough that the ravens have settled in to hang out, having no fear since there is little to no activity. They fuss and squawk, like unhappy customers. The jesters face showing obvious anguish. Maybe there was a lack of acceptance of the ideas, or maybe too much time was spent on quantity and not enough quality. I kind of picture this as the final straw that drove the hermit from the estate of the clan to the bell tower he now resides in.