Golden Tarot

starsongs

I've just recently had the pleasure of discovering this beautiful deck...It's wonderful!!

Starsongs

retrokat

European reviewers?

Thanks so much for the wonderful reviews on Amazon US, B&N and Amazon Canada, guys!

There are still no reviews on Amazon UK & Germany (and I think there's even the possibility of winning a gift voucher if you write the first review for a new product on either of those sites) - or on Amazon Japan.

Would be ever so grateful if any of you are from those countries and are willing to post your open & honest opinion on your local Amazon :)

(Kat rubs hands, strokes the purring black cat sitting on her lap and cackles... "We'll take over the world, puss, the whole WORLD! MWHAHAHAHA!!!")

skysilver

I just received my deck yesterday. I definitely see what everybody has been talking about. I love this deck. I think I am going to get myself another one.

Kat, I just wanted to join everyone here in congratulating you on a lovely deck. Much luck and good wishes to you. :)

Jewel-ry

Hi everyone,

Am I the first person in the UK to get this? Its truly beautiful, but I don't need to tell you all that do I? Most of you already have it.

Kat, I havn't had a chance to have a really good look at it yet, but its the first time ever, that receiving a new deck has brought such a sharp intake of breath. I love the whole package. Its spectacular!!! Thank-you

Jewel-ry :)

jema

I got it!

Only had the deck for an hour or so and love it.
it is my first new deck since last summer i think.

So far I haven't really looked closly on all the card but what strikes me right away and what i love about the deck is the humour in it.
Lots of fine details that makes me smile.

and as have been said before - the whole set is so beautiful and feels really luxuary.

Emily

Hi Jewel-ry,

I'm still waiting for my Golden Tarot to get here, I'm hoping its in the post - after reading all these posts, I can't wait to get it. :)

Emily

I come on here this morning very disappointed :( - I've just checked my order for the Golden Tarot on Amazon UK, like I have every morning, to find out that now there is a wait of 4 to 6 weeks and not just 8 to 9 days. :( - It doesn't look like my order has been dispatched seeing as it should have been here by Friday latest.

Shame on Amazon for not anticipating that this would be a popular new deck and for not getting enough copies in.

But on the upside, sales are proving that it is very popular so hopefully they'll get some more in sooner rather than later.

Still doesn't dilute my disappointment though in having to wait before having this deck in my hands.

Savoyali

This whole amazon spiel is becoming rather tiring, I must say. So sorry you're having to wait, Emily!

I submitted a review to the German amazon a week ago (hadn't even known it was available from the German one until Kat's post), which still isn't up; I've emailed them about it and they replied they routinely take 14 days to put up reviews...oh well, I guess that's German customer service for you. However, now it's not even available from them at all anymore, only two used copies are there. Very strange.

retrokat

If it's any consolation, even the ever-reliable Tarot Garden sold out of copies! They've put in a third order already :)

I asked USGS if the edition had sold out yet and if a second edition was being published yet, and was told that stocks (from the first edition) are still available. I guess with the new release of a first deck it's pretty hard to gauge demand, so maybe the bottleneck is mostly with wholesale distributors?

Also, I don't think such a strong web-based demand was expected by some people. I always thought that a fair percentage of the demand would be online, since it was the support of my website readers that got the deck into print. I'm so far removed from the whole Trade Fair and Retail Stores process that I forget that that's the traditional way a new deck gets out there, and that would mean it takes months to even get a profile - whereas you guys have seen & been waiting for the deck online for so long, and on the web we're so used to getting instant access, being able to "order now". I think this user-driven demand (as opposed to the product slowly appearing and being 'discovered' in local retailers) is something pretty new.

In fact, I haven't yet heard directly from ANY local store-based retailers, I don't think. But I get emails daily from people who have got hold of the deck (mostly through online dealers like Tarot Garden, eBay traders and Amazon).

Speaking of the instant-ness of the web, I so love this online forum stuff. I get to explain cards etc myself (there's a new thread started with a Study Group for the deck). People can ask me directly, tell me what they did/didn't like. It's got to make me a better designer, I figure, having my own personal Consumer Focus Group :p And it's great practice for interviews and all that publicity blah, because I already KNOW what readers are curious about, cos you ask me here.

Emily

I've been checking out other sources for most of the morning, I like to stay in Europe when ordering, Alida and Somerville don't have it in yet but according to WHSmith they do - now there is a 2 to 4 weeks wait there - so I may order from them, keep the amazon order going too and see which one comes first. :) - I don't usually have double decks but I wouldn't mind with the Golden.