21 Ways ... A SPECIAL EXERCISE for both Apprentice & Adept Level participants.

coyoteblack

A little Background:
Jewel and I know one another as well as you can on these boards and we are good friends. I know she is happily married or these reading would have taken a different turn.
She is also passionate and loves life. So I think I will place her as the knight of wands instead of assuming it is a man in her life.

Looking at what’s similar

5 of 7 cards are majors and most of them towards the higher end. Only 2 minors and the knights and 2 of cups are both on top of the triangle many of the cards relate to balance nd to fire.

So just looking at this so far we have a lot of passion and will power dealing with the higher order. Also so many cards have 2 of some thing, either balance in one for or another.

Center Card

I will “Talk” about the lover’s card first since it is the hub of the reading.
Generally the lovers card is about “to choose” or choice but in the deck it is more about relationships and what we do to maintain them. Any 2 or more people dealing with one another can be represented by this card.

Present State
1: Strength ; This is not only strength, intestinal fortitude. It is also controlling animal instincts not by brute force but by love and compassion.
2: Temperance: taking 2 different qualities and/or things and producing some thing. The called moderation or to moderate .

Combining this with the lovers: I would think jewel and her husband are in a nice balance . Each moderating some of there beliefs and/or wants to make the marriage work. This being all majors I would say as much as a home is more then a house for me that jewel’s marriage and life at home is very important to her well being.

Near Future

Judgment : A calling , When a person realizes they are part of a bigger picture we are all part of the universe in a spiritual as well as physical way. on a mundane level when a person is walking into a group and you become part of the group you are stronger then the sum of the parts.

2 of Cups: Beginning of a new relationship lovers or otherwise, an equal balanced relationship where sharing both way is going on well. Real good balance ( and bad grammar lol)

Combing all this with the Lovers card. there is balance in this relationship and instead of loosing its passion and fire I think Jewel and her husband or only getting stronger. The lovers and 2 of cups looks great, it is the judgment part that perplexes me. I am thinking Jewel will progress spirituality to a different level because her and her husband have such great commutation and sharing.

Far future
Knight of Wands:
I will take this to mean Jewel and a phase she will go through. The great thing about the Knight’s in general is they are doers The knight of wands has the ability to be passionate about a cause and go full force. the bad side is sometimes there part in a cause is more important then the cause and they have little staying power.

The Star
I spent a long time with this card. She’s about spiritual balance, intuition, harmony, optimism. Also healing internally..

Combined with the Lovers card
I think the spirituality she found in the judgment card is her new lover and she campaigns this cause well and she find harmony in her relationship as well as her spirituality.

The tip of the triangle has the knight riding away from 2 of cups with the lovers between them. I think this is where her spirituality takes off from a very stable relationship to a very spiritual, stable relationship

The base of the triangle has judgment looking at the star. Both woman looking at one another and I think this bodes well for Jewel. Spiritual harmony is the end is a wonderful thing

Conclusion:
Jewel has an awesome relationship with her husband which will give her freedom to look into spiritual development. Her marriage and her spirituality both will hold a important place In her heart. But I think she will go about the spiritual development on her own and her husband will be fine with it.

My main concerns are the sticking power or lack there of with the Knight . Also when one person is developing her self and one is not things can get awkward.

squeakmo9

coyoteblack said:
Conclusion:
Jewel has an awesome relationship with her husband which will give her freedom to look into spiritual development. Her marriage and her spirituality both will hold a important place In her heart. But I think she will go about the spiritual development on her own and her husband will be fine with it.

My main concerns are the sticking power or lack there of with the Knight . Also when one person is developing her self and one is not things can get awkward.

Just outstanding cards for this spread CoyoteBlack. I think that Knight's fire has something enduring to cling to in the Star so as to avoid burnout. The knight seems to add to their chemistry(the Lovers)and will change as they change...much like a fine wine. I do not know Jewel and her hubby, but by the looks of these cards, they both have a definite spiritual path. Perhaps not the same, but one seems to compliment the other. These cards are so amazing that I would suppose that their union has a very transforming effect upon their community. If not literally, then, spiritually...in the I-Ching it is said that if one wishes to fix the state then one should fix the community. If one wishes to fix the community, then one should fix the family. If one wishes to fix the family, then a person should fix the self. It just takes one person, one couple to change the world, and by your throw and interp reminds me of this.

coyoteblack

Wow thanks for the feedback Squekmo9 ! the i-ching was a awesome addiction to this.

Maybe you and Dave can read for one another as there are only 4 of us any way. would be interesting to see how it comes out.

Jewel

A little background: Coyoteblack and I are study partners and have done some readings for each other in the past. We are good friends, and enjoy finding opportunities to help each other out. This reading is in the spirit of honesty and caring that we share as friends. Thank you for letting me read for you Coyoteblack!

This reading will be posted in 2 parts (maybe 3 if it does not all fit in 2 posts)

Triangle Spread Reading for Coyoteblack
Deck: Fantastic Menagerie (you can see all the cards at the Magic Realist site ... sorry no scanner!)

SPREAD:
Present Condition: 10 of Coins and The Tower
Near Future: The Empress and Knight of Wands
Far Future: The Wheel of Fortune and 3 of Cups
Influence and/or Modifier: 5 of Coins

GENERAL OBSERVATIONS:
 3 major arcana cards, one in each pairing
 2 coins, one being the influence/modifier
 Each pairing seems to have some relationship with the influence/modifier – particularly the present condition.

DESCRIBING THE CARDS:

Position 1: 10 of Coins – a cockroach in a red tunic with gold sleeves ins standing in a yellow circle, which has a triangular design formed by three smaller circles and lines connecting the two bottom circles to the top circle forming an inverted V shape (^). The ^ shape points directly to card #7, 5 of Coins. All circles are yellow, with the three inner circles being brighter. The cockroach has his back to card #2, The Tower, and he has a broken off antennae in his hand, and reminds me of a music conductor. The cockroach is watching a wedding from a distance which is being presided over by a beetle, but the cockroach is removed from the actual ceremony and is watching from afar. It is a sunny day.

Position 2: The Tower – The sky is overcast and there is a large dark cloud with lightening bolts coming from it. The cloud appears to be moving away from the tower which looks to be a ruin. A gray wolf with a red bandana around his neck, worn traveling clothes, a tattered satchel looped over his head and hanging at his side, and a spear in his hand is running towards the tower ruins. At the same time, a brown well dressed wolf is exiting the card while carrying off a well dressed sheep woman. The wolf is grinning, the sheep woman looks terrified. All of the characters in the Tower card are facing towards card #1 (10 of coins), but would be arriving behind the cockroach man unseen until they stumbled over him.

Position 3: The Empress – A gorgeous and elegant bird woman, in a beautiful and colorful dress, strolls in her garden. She is accompanied by two butterflies, one that is resting on her right shoulder and the other on her left hand. She holds a fan with the likeness of a bird on it in her right hand. She appears very peaceful and content. She has her back to card #7 (5 of Coins).

Position 4: Kinght of Wands – a gentleman Unicorn is walking out of a forested area into what looks like a beach like area (though no water is visible, still looks like sand, specially with the palm trees there). There are a couple of palm trees behind him, and in the background of the card are mountains. There is a monkey coming out of one of the palm trees as if following the Unicorn gentleman (perhaps looking to leap on his back?). The Unicorn gentleman’s eye that can be seen is wide open and his mouth gives the appearance of a snarl. He looks angry but driven. His boots have spurs. He appears to be looking down at card #7 and that is what he is snarling at.

Position 5: The Wheel of Fortune – A young barefoot sheep girl, in peasant like clothing, is having her fortune told by an owl fortune teller with playing cards. The sheep girl looks resigned to a predestined fate. In the foreground of the card, and to the right (if facing the card) is a little bird on the ground that is manipulating a circle bigger than him and trying to get the sheep girl’s attention – perhaps to show her how she can manipulate the situation??? That she actually does have some control????

Position 6: 3 of Cups – celebration and feasting. A well dressed hippo stands at the table, with an almost empty plate in front of him, and toasting with an overflowing beer. Sitting to his right are a monkey man and to the monkey man’s right a somewhat scared looking frog man who holds up an empty glass in toast. On the floor are 3 bugs with flowers that also appear to be toasting and celebrating. The Hippo man has his back to card 7, card 7 is blocked from Monkey man’s view by the hippo, but the frog man with the empty glass can see card 7 (5 of coins).

Position 7: 5 of Coins – 3 foxes have set up camp and appear to have stolen Lady Bird’s eggs and cooking them! Lady Bird is very anxious and distressed and has a tear coming out of her eye. She appears to be pleading with the foxes. One fox has a towel in his lap, has cracked an egg is pulling out the baby bird inside, he is very intent on what he is doing and enjoying it. A second fox is simply observing the proceedings with interest. The third fox is gleefully watching the timer as he cooks an egg in the pot which is at the center of the card. Lady Bird is crying and wringing her hands in her apron. The foxes don’t care and are not even listening to her.

Jewel

Tringle Reading for Coyoteblack Part 2

Triangle Spread Reading for Coyoteblack
Deck: Fantastic Menagerie

SPREAD:
Present Condition: 10 of Coins and The Tower
Near Future: The Empress and Knight of Wands
Far Future: The Wheel of Fortune and 3 of Cups
Influence and/or Modifier: 5 of Coins

INITIAL READING:

Present Condition: Card 1 – 10 of Coins; Card #2 The Tower, Card #7 5 of Coins
The 10 of Coins shows you as the cockroach conductor standing in a large yellow circle, with a diagram of your design at your feet that has 3 brighter yellow circles in a triangle shape. As noted in the description of this card the two bottom circles connect to the top circle forming an upward pointing arrow shape directly pointing at the 5 of Coins (card #7). From where you stand you can see the achievements and life realizations of others around you as symbolized by you watching the moth wedding from afar, but you feel like an outsider to positive events and are trapped in the circle of your own design. Your circle is heavily influenced by the Tower, where you continually await to be run over by the next tumultuous event (the characters in the tower card all are racing towards the back of the cockroach conductor), and leading to you becoming Lady Bird of the 5 of Coins as you watch the beginning of accomplishments being ripped away from you. What is interesting is that card 7, 5 of coins, is the dark cloud in the Tower card, so what we have here is a vicious circle that keeps plying itself out over and over again like a feedback loop. As the 10 and the 5 are both coins, and the Tower a major arcana influence, I see this feedback loop being directly related to financial matters.

Near Future: Card #3 – The Empress; Card #4 - Knight of Wands; Card #7 5 of Coins
The near future sees you comfortably settling into your new home (Empress). This will be a very positive experience for you, as shown by the butterflies resting peacefully on the elegant empress. By looking at both the Empresses and Knight of Wands clothing I see an improvement in your financial situation, perhaps as a result of gaining some stability and confidence having moved into your new home. The Unicorn Gentleman in the Knight of Wands, however, seems frustrated and/or angry as noted in the description, but is using that energy to push himself forward and leave the monkey on his back behind (the monkey actually being the 5 of Coins though symbolized by the monkey in the palm trees). The 5 of Coins is your memories of feeling alone, isolated, broke, homeless, and other negative times in your life for which you still have not forgiven yourself. You as the frustrated Unicorn Gentleman will improve your financial situation as he is moving in the direction of your far future which could be very good, but the Empress shows (by having her back to card #7) that to truly reach the peace and harmony you seek you need to forgive yourself for past – not forget, but truly let go and give yourself a chance. This is key to reaching the 3 of cups in your far future, which is directly across from the Empress with Card #7 right in between them. It is up to you to become the hippo man with the overflowing cup instead of the frog man with the empty one. The anger of the Unicorn Gentleman can either help or hurt you depending on your choices.

Far Future: Card #5 - The Wheel of Fortune; Card #6 - 3 of Cups; Card #7 - 5 of Coins
The Unicorn Gentleman is walking directly towards the Wheel of Fortune, this is where my observation came that his frustration can be for good or ill. You can either be the resigned sheep girl accepting the cards you are dealt, or open your eyes and ears, and listen to the little bird manipulating a circle bigger than he is to effect positive changes in your life. One of your possible futures is the 3 of Cups and toasting to your success. Being that Hippo man is well dressed, well fed, and toasting with a full cup, and is a cup card I see this as achieving a good stable life. Also note that the your cups card is a “3” as is the Empress, so we see a harmonious blending resulting in a good stable life. If you choose the route of focusing on the frustrations of the past, and take on the role of the passive sheep girl dealing with what comes your way then you are more likely to take on the role of the frog man with his empty drinking vessel, always toasting his friend and never himself. The Hippo, like the Empress has his back to the 5 of Coins, the forg man still sees and relives his 5 of Coins moments – he is literally trapped in the cockroach conductors feedback look from card #1.

JEWEL’S RAMBLINGS:
Well this was a very interesting reading to say the least. I could see all the connections running through the cards, giving both sides of possibilities hinging on your choices. The reading dares you take action and get out of a feedback look you have created for yourself, and have actually been somewhat content living in. If you stay there, where you are now will keep perpetually re-playing itself for you. If you dare to seriously use the hurts and anger of the past for positive purposes you will rise above it all. It all comes down to choices you will need to make in your near future, starting no later than when you move into your home, earlier perhaps. It shows that determination is needed, and though it will be frustrating if you persevere you will reap the rewards of your efforts in the long term future. The Unicorn gentleman’s reactions will determine where the wheel will go, and again the little bird tells you that no matter how small you feel you do have some control over the situations you will encounter to tip the balance scales in your favor. When you walk towards that wheel make sure you have taken that monkey off your back and that he no longer has a strong influence on you.

What I really like about this reading is that it shows you the conflicts in your life and the paths your decisions can lead you on. This gives you some power to control the wheel and the reactions of the Unicorn Gentleman so that you can carefully think through your upcoming decisions, check yourself and then move forward with them to reach the far future you desire. It also shows through the 10 of Coins and Wheel of Fortune that cycles will be ending and beginning. Which if properly managed could be very positive changes in your financial situation as well as your personal life (3 of cups).

The biggest step you need to take is to step out of that circle, and get out of the ever playing feedback loop you have created (10 of Coins).

Thank you for allowing me to do this reading for you. I hope the information contained is helpful to you.

coyoteblack

Great reading Jewel

My home coming up is so much more then a domicile . You know from our conversations some of the stuff that is going on so this reading is very fitting.

It seems if I am stuck in the past that i will re live it all over again if I use my past to motivate me then i can be the happy hippo.

on the semi funny side the lady bird card is making me hungry

and geesh Hippo!! I said I was going to the gym gosh !!

Ok I was in the Marines i am so not being sheep girl

Looking over the cards and you description there is a feeling that I need to change my thinking now ! not latter or those wolves will have me for lunch.

I really get the feeling that to change my outside world I need to work on my self internally.

Jewel

coyoteblack said:
5 of 7 cards are majors and most of them towards the higher end. Only 2 minors and the knights and 2 of cups are both on top of the triangle many of the cards relate to balance nd to fire.
5 Majors out 7 cards! Guess I'm going through some stuff! *LOL*

coyoteblack said:
So just looking at this so far we have a lot of passion and will power dealing with the higher order. Also so many cards have 2 of some thing, either balance in one for or another.
Some of what I find really interesting is the balance of mind and animal instinct in the Strength card, and the water and fire balances. My sun sign in water and my moon sign is fire. Perhaps that is why I am so passionate, and emotional *LOL*. That of course, if not properly balanced ensures that I am conflicted and feel out of sorts. It is a tough balance and one I don't always handle as well as I would like. The water can douse the fire at any given time. But the fire usually rekindles itself when I balance myself emotionally again.

coyoteblack said:
Present State
1: Strength ; This is not only strength, intestinal fortitude. It is also controlling animal instincts not by brute force but by love and compassion.
2: Temperance: taking 2 different qualities and/or things and producing some thing. The called moderation or to moderate .

Combining this with the lovers: I would think jewel and her husband are in a nice balance . Each moderating some of there beliefs and/or wants to make the marriage work. This being all majors I would say as much as a home is more then a house for me that jewel’s marriage and life at home is very important to her well being.
In many ways the hubby and I are a nice balance for eachother, but many a time I feel the tiger rise within me, and try to stiffle it down to find a happy medium. When I let the tiger out, we fight. When I don't take the bate, we can usually find a good comprimise. I would agree that a peaceful home is very central to my well being, during football season it gets rocked A LOT! and I get very Knight of Wandish not in its best aspects if you know what I mean. When frustrated over the sillyness of how he allows himself to be impacted by a college football team week after week, I just unleash the tiger, the Knight of Wands RX, run right over poor Temperance, and well its not pretty ... I think these cards are showing me that yes I am strong, and should be more moderate in my reactions to ensure that I don't instigate a denigration of my relationship with my hubby and make my happy home a war zone over something that is not worth it. Particularly because when my home is a war zone I am miserable and it carries into every aspect of my life. By all three of these cards being Major Arcana, they are telling me that for my own peace of mind and spirit I need to tap into my higher self and stay in control. Yes the hubby and I are happy, but happy couples fight too, and sometimes some things said can never be taken back ... these cards remind me of my responsibility to ensure that does not happen for my own good.

coyoteblack said:
Near Future
Judgment : A calling , When a person realizes they are part of a bigger picture we are all part of the universe in a spiritual as well as physical way. on a mundane level when a person is walking into a group and you become part of the group you are stronger then the sum of the parts.

2 of Cups: Beginning of a new relationship lovers or otherwise, an equal balanced relationship where sharing both way is going on well. Real good balance ( and bad grammar lol)

Combing all this with the Lovers card. there is balance in this relationship and instead of loosing its passion and fire I think Jewel and her husband or only getting stronger. The lovers and 2 of cups looks great, it is the judgment part that perplexes me. I am thinking Jewel will progress spirituality to a different level because her and her husband have such great commutation and sharing.
We are in football season, and I have to admit that I have been very judgemental (though silently to avoid fights). I have some built up resentment of the effects his football dissapointments have on my weekends. If you refer back to my present, I see this near future as the winding down of football season and life returning to normal. Regaining the balance that is usually there, and the harmony of my home - which as you stated is very important to my personal well being.

coyoteblack said:
Far future
Knight of Wands:
I will take this to mean Jewel and a phase she will go through. The great thing about the Knight’s in general is they are doers The knight of wands has the ability to be passionate about a cause and go full force. the bad side is sometimes there part in a cause is more important then the cause and they have little staying power.

The Star
I spent a long time with this card. She’s about spiritual balance, intuition, harmony, optimism. Also healing internally..

Combined with the Lovers card
I think the spirituality she found in the judgment card is her new lover and she campaigns this cause well and she find harmony in her relationship as well as her spirituality.
I do go through phases, and I am always quite passionate about any phase or project I undertake, so I can certainly identify with the Knight of Wands in both his positive and negative aspects. I have a temperance problem *LOL*. I think this last combination of cards is about gaining the temperance in the near future to carry it through my life so that I can enjoy the positive aspects of the Knight of Wands and find the balance of the Star that I do seek. But I have to learn to balance Strength and Temperance, and learn when to take the higher road in life in general to achieve that path. That would be a spiritual evolution.

coyoteblack said:
The tip of the triangle has the knight riding away from 2 of cups with the lovers between them. I think this is where her spirituality takes off from a very stable relationship to a very spiritual, stable relationship.
I don't think this really has to do with spirituality, but just the way I get passionate about something and go for it without even thinking about how this new interest affects my hubby. This is the errant knight you spoke of, this is one the key things I need to work on to get temperance into my life.

coyoteblack said:
The base of the triangle has judgment looking at the star. Both woman looking at one another and I think this bodes well for Jewel. Spiritual harmony is the end is a wonderful thing.
As a result of the Knight 2 of Cups relationship (which sometimes goes good and others makes it seem like I am off in my own world and have forgotten him) we go through quite a bit of "Judgement", which impacts the "Star" potential that exists within our relationship, because we are so compatible in so many ways. We are both guilty of this. Again, it is another identified area of improvement for us, because we do have "Star" potential. When we are in our "Star" stride, we have tons of fun and really enjoy eachother, our home and everything we do. When we get Judgemental, it is like the Knight of Wands colliding with the Knight of Swords ... not a pretty or "starry"

coyoteblack said:
Conclusion:
Jewel has an awesome relationship with her husband which will give her freedom to look into spiritual development. Her marriage and her spirituality both will hold a important place In her heart. But I think she will go about the spiritual development on her own and her husband will be fine with it. My main concerns are the sticking power or lack there of with the Knight . Also when one person is developing her self and one is not things can get awkward.
I do have a good marriage, and one I would not foresake that is for sure. I am spiritual to where my hubby is not so my spiritual development is on my own and is important to me, but is not really a shared thing between us. Your concern about the knight is very valid for this reason, and yes things do get awkward. I tend to retreat towards my spiritual side during football season for example, to help find the strength I need to not say ugly things when he gets all ugly and venting over a college football game. It takes a lot of strength on my side to not respond to his attitude with resentment, and I do not always achieve it. But this will be lifetime battle, one where I need to really find the balance of Strength and Temperance in relation to the Lovers to really learn how to handle properly, and balance that knight and judgment card.

Thank you very much for the reading. I think it touched on some very key aspects of me (which the reading is about me), both good and in areas of improvement for me to focus on. I found this reading extremely helpful and will keep it in mind as this football season winds down (it is not going well for his team - so definite opportunities for me to practice this temperance/strength/lovers triangle thing.)

Jewel

coyoteblack said:
It seems if I am stuck in the past that i will re live it all over again if I use my past to motivate me then i can be the happy hippo.

on the semi funny side the lady bird card is making me hungry

and geesh Hippo!! I said I was going to the gym gosh !!

Ok I was in the Marines i am so not being sheep girl

Looking over the cards and you description there is a feeling that I need to change my thinking now ! not latter or those wolves will have me for lunch.

I really get the feeling that to change my outside world I need to work on my self internally.
What I see is a call for a true paradigm shift. No more lip service it is time for action (Knight of Wands), and not a time to be passive (the Sheep girl you don't want to be). I did get a sense of urgency that NOW is when you need to start making these shifts in attitude and behavior. What you do today will affect your near and far future. If you just go with the flow, you will be stuck in the present. Sort of like in that movie "Groundhog Day", until you get it right you will relive it over, and over, and over again. As a coyote, I would suggest you don't let those wolves get a piece of you ;) Remember you are cockroack conductor, so you are in control whether you think you are or not.

And keep going to the gym ... you don't have to look like the Hippo to feel like him *LOL*

coyoteblack

Looking again at the cards in general tower and wheel are both about changes !! I think both allude to the fact if I don't change it then the higher power will. with the knight of wands me in both aspects this leaves 2 coins as in the flip side of the coin.

A very interesting spread.

Also

With your spread the football game might be the cause now but with all those major arcana and especially those cards this might be much deeper. I am thinking the root is not in site .

Jewel

coyoteblack said:
With your spread the football game might be the cause now but with all those major arcana and especially those cards this might be much deeper. I am thinking the root is not in site .
I can agree with that. The attitudes we both adopt at times are the problem, they are reactive and damaging.