Past Life Spread

Arnnaria

I've been entertaining the possibility for a long time that I was someone in a past life. This person was my grandfather who died before I ever met him. There is a lot of instinctual knowledge about this, but suffice to say, this is nothing you can ever prove.

At the start of the year I lost my grandmother. This year has also been a very tumultuous year for me. Part of me thinks that the spirit of my grandfather has left me to join her in the afterlife and I don't know how to live without it.

So, I'm looking for a spread to help with the following questions: Was I someone in a past life? Was I my grandfather in a past life? Did part of my essence leave when my grandmother pass away?

Any help will be useful. Thanks in advance.

[This might sound "weird" or strange, but it helps telling it the story this way. From a psychological paradigm (which I am more inclined to believe), my grandmother was the last vestige of a "conservative" influence on the family. Now that she has passed I can act/be more liberal including expressing myself knowing I won't shame her. So, by her passing, I might have "given up" the essence of her conservative spouse.]

Alissa

Welcome Arnnaria!

There is a good list of Karmic/Past Life spreads listed at the Tarot Spreads index, click here. If those spreads don't quite seem to fit the bill, you may also want to browse the Fact-Finding Spreads, as those can be somewhat tailiored to answer the question you wish, if not about "past lives" specifically.

Good luck with your searching! I hope you find the answers you're seeking.

Lurea

Arnnaria, I'm sorry you've had a bad year. At least it is drawing to a close. There are tons of spreads in the Spread Index.
That's always a good place to start looking if you need a spread.

For something like this, I would consider first doing a more general spread, like this Obsession Spread to find out what these recurring thoughts you are having are trying to teach/tell you. Or this Mysterious Power Spread to find out more about the situation. I've used the Obsession spread with crystal clear results. I haven't used the other yet, but those who have like it a lot.

Or if you want to go straight to a past life spread, go to the Index and scroll down until you reach the category 'past life'. Many good spreads threre. There are several members that do a lot of past life work--when you have enough posts you could do a past life exchange on the Reading exchanges Forum to find out more.

Good luck.

Majecot

I really need to learn to read the stickys. I was looking for this yesterday. Duh

sognodinverno

Hi Harnaria,

did you find a good spread for past life?

I am asking this because I need to. I tried one that With Raven suggested to me. It was fine but not all I need.

sognodinverno

mooncat2

sognodinverno,

I have quite a few - if you let me know what you're looking for I might have one that suits.

WhiteRaven

I gave her the wrong one MoonCat..she needs one for Karmic ties and what her purpose is in this lifetime

mooncat2

How does this one suit?

1. Past life self
2. Life overview
3. Surroundings
4. Relationships
5. Ending

6. How this past life affects you now
7. Fears you brought from past life
8. Challenge/Goal past life presents to you
9. Talents you brought from past life.
10. Summary

I've done several readings using this spread - I call it Past Life/Present Life. Here's an example of one.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=25213&highlight=past+life+present+mooncat2

sognodinverno

Hi mooncat2,

I'll try your spread in the next days. It seems to me that is a spread I need.

Do you have a spread to know if in this life, in your karma, there is a baby born? If you have a baby?

Tanks

Sognodinverno

RedMaple

Arnnaria said:
I've been entertaining the possibility for a long time that I was someone in a past life. This person was my grandfather who died before I ever met him. There is a lot of instinctual knowledge about this, but suffice to say, this is nothing you can ever prove.

At the start of the year I lost my grandmother. This year has also been a very tumultuous year for me. Part of me thinks that the spirit of my grandfather has left me to join her in the afterlife and I don't know how to live without it.

So, I'm looking for a spread to help with the following questions: Was I someone in a past life? Was I my grandfather in a past life? Did part of my essence leave when my grandmother pass away?

Any help will be useful. Thanks in advance.

[This might sound "weird" or strange, but it helps telling it the story this way. From a psychological paradigm (which I am more inclined to believe), my grandmother was the last vestige of a "conservative" influence on the family. Now that she has passed I can act/be more liberal including expressing myself knowing I won't shame her. So, by her passing, I might have "given up" the essence of her conservative spouse.]

Perhaps your grandfather was guarding you, helping you to live conservatively so that you wouldn't incur the wrath of your grandmother. Now, with her passing, he can leave you to grow into the person you are meant to be. This doesn't necessarily sound like a past life to me, but rather the presence of a protective ancestor.