TOADies Anonymous.

CharlotteK

Called into Global Tribe in Leeds yesterday, which is primarily a crystals shop, but they sell books and ornaments and some witchy accessories. I tried not to be excited to see they had expanded their Tarot and oracles selection, as I am sworn off any more acquisitions, and it should have been even easier to steer clear as their selection was a tad strange I thought. Several Original RW - ok fair enough - a Druidcraft, a number of Doreen Virtue, a Tarot Nova, the Easy Tarot kit with the Gilded Tarot deck in it, Liz Dean's Steampunk deck, Wizard's Tarot, Mystic Fairies, Elemental Tarot, Crystal Tarot and a Margarete Peterson. Is it just me, or is that a slightly odd mix? The only more bizarre thing about this is that I came home with the MP. I don't know why 🙄 I mean I have no idea if I will EVER be able to read with this deck and it's never been on my wishlist. There is no hope for me 😭 I need rehab not TOADies.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Michellehihi

Called into Global Tribe in Leeds yesterday, which is primarily a crystals shop, but they sell books and ornaments and some witchy accessories. I tried not to be excited to see they had expanded their Tarot and oracles selection, as I am sworn off any more acquisitions, and it should have been even easier to steer clear as their selection was a tad strange I thought. Several Original RW - ok fair enough - a Druidcraft, a number of Doreen Virtue, a Tarot Nova, the Easy Tarot kit with the Gilded Tarot deck in it, Liz Dean's Steampunk deck, Wizard's Tarot, Mystic Fairies, Elemental Tarot, Crystal Tarot and a Margarete Peterson. Is it just me, or is that a slightly odd mix? The only more bizarre thing about this is that I came home with the MP. I don't know why 🙄 I mean I have no idea if I will EVER be able to read with this deck and it's never been on my wishlist. There is no hope for me 😭 I need rehab not TOADies.

The Margaret Peterson is readable if you take time; it is not the kind of deck you use for a quick break-time at work reading...I have it an I profoundly connect to it.

CharlotteK

The Margaret Peterson is readable if you take time; it is not the kind of deck you use for a quick break-time at work reading...I have it an I profoundly connect to it.

That's very encouraging thanks! I like the artwork very much but running through the minor arcana I was thinking "what the hell have I bought?"

Thoughtful

"what the hell have I bought?"

This made me laugh l think we have all been there!
There is just no hope for us is there, l say that having ordered The Chrysalis :grin:

Cocobird55

There are so many new decks coming out -- especially from indie artists. It is all very tempting.

One thing that is holding me back is that these decks have become so expensive. I just can't afford to buy them. I've also retired, and don't have nearly as much money coming in as I used to. I did make an exception for Ciro's new deck, but I sold a deck in order to pay for it.

So I'm back on the Toadie path. I have a lot of decks that I rarely read with, so I will concentrate on those.

Nemia

Margarethe Petersen is great for meditation and card comparison, so even if you can't read with it, it's still a wonderful deck to have.

banbha

Margarethe Petersen is great for meditation and card comparison, so even if you can't read with it, it's still a wonderful deck to have.

This is exactly how I feel about my Petersen deck.

CharlotteK

This is exactly how I feel about my Petersen deck.
Thank you, thank you. I was drawn to it in the shop then had a 'what the hell' moment, but I'm encouraged now that I may get something out of it. I have light decks, silly decks, straight-talking decks, minimal decks, dark decks and weird decks and I really want to work with this as my first 'art deck' cos it's beautiful and none of the above.