How can you tell if someone will or is cheating?

feminine_mystique

I don't know if I posted this is the right thread but here goes.

I am curious to know how others "see" another person entering someones life. Or how if they will have an affair or have cheated etc..

I know court cards represent people so I gather it would be a court card but people have seen other threads where they interpret the high priestess or the empress as the other woman. How? Is there a spread where they specifically a space for it e.g. is there another person in their life and the high priestess comes up? Or is this all intuition?

I'm so confused. If so in the celtic cross for example if the challenge was the empress would she be interpreted as another woman or as an actual energy challenge?

[emoji21] [emoji21]

So confused.

Nemia

I don't read majors as persons but as archetypical energy so I wouldn't interpret the Empress as other woman.

Court cards in a relationship reading can indicate the beginnings of a new feeling in one partner. But it's usually a constellation - a recurrence of 3s, an 8 of Swords "how your partner is feeling" (he feels entrapped), a Page of Cups for "what is going on in his life right now" (the first stages of a new feeling) - but all these cards can also mean a crisis and resolution with new feelings within the old relationship.

For me, the interpretation always depends on the interaction between question, life situation, spread and all cards that appear.

Empress as challenge might mean: how is your being-a-woman difficult for you, are you secure and comfortable in your role as woman or do you find it limiting? Is it challenging for you to grow into a person maybe too similar to your mother at that age? You can try to have an inner dialogue with the Empress and tell her what you don't like about her or how she challenges you.

Topics like cheating come up in a relationship reading sometimes, but I wouldn't make a reading with the specific purpose of "catching" a partner. Your own strong feelings of fear and/or denial might be talking back to you. I'd be careful as reader for others to come up with a potentially devastating message like: your partner is cheating on you... And I wouldn't rely on tarot, I'd ask him straight out and then use the cards to help me deal with the answer.

Sorry if this is an unsatisfactory answer...

Citrin

For me it would be a female court card (or even two courts) + a card representing "forbidden fruit", sexuality, lies etc... So possibly a queen paired with The Devil, The Moon, The Lovers, 3 of Swords, 7 of Cups...

My personal view of The Empress is that sure she is sexual, sensual and very feminine, but to me she's more of a mother figure. And The High Priestess is in my interpretations more of an inner guide, and wisdom seeker, I guess more spiritual than related to a love situation.

nisaba

Depends what you mean by "cheating". Sleeping with more than one person? What if they just feel they are giving honest expression to their feelings? Then, by their lights, that might not feel like cheating at all, whilst forcing themselves to sleep with only one person and deny their feelings might feel like cheating-themselves. And if the reading is to gauge their behaviour, then it would go on their feelings about their behaviour.

feminine_mystique

I don't read majors as persons but as archetypical energy so I wouldn't interpret the Empress as other woman.

Court cards in a relationship reading can indicate the beginnings of a new feeling in one partner. But it's usually a constellation - a recurrence of 3s, an 8 of Swords "how your partner is feeling" (he feels entrapped), a Page of Cups for "what is going on in his life right now" (the first stages of a new feeling) - but all these cards can also mean a crisis and resolution with new feelings within the old relationship.

For me, the interpretation always depends on the interaction between question, life situation, spread and all cards that appear.

Empress as challenge might mean: how is your being-a-woman difficult for you, are you secure and comfortable in your role as woman or do you find it limiting? Is it challenging for you to grow into a person maybe too similar to your mother at that age? You can try to have an inner dialogue with the Empress and tell her what you don't like about her or how she challenges you.

Topics like cheating come up in a relationship reading sometimes, but I wouldn't make a reading with the specific purpose of "catching" a partner. Your own strong feelings of fear and/or denial might be talking back to you. I'd be careful as reader for others to come up with a potentially devastating message like: your partner is cheating on you... And I wouldn't rely on tarot, I'd ask him straight out and then use the cards to help me deal with the answer.

Sorry if this is an unsatisfactory answer...
Thanks for your reply.

By the way this wasn't my reading. I was reading through the forum and I saw a topic on affairs etc and thought it'd be interesting to see how readers would identify that the querent or the querents partner was having an affair.

In the thread one person said that she's usually seen the Queen of Pentacles as the other woman. But has also had the Empress and or the High Priestess as well.

This confused me which is why I am asking this question lol.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

feminine_mystique

Depends what you mean by "cheating". Sleeping with more than one person? What if they just feel they are giving honest expression to their feelings? Then, by their lights, that might not feel like cheating at all, whilst forcing themselves to sleep with only one person and deny their feelings might feel like cheating-themselves. And if the reading is to gauge their behaviour, then it would go on their feelings about their behaviour.
I'm more confused than before now 😣😣😣

LOL I'm sorry I'm so irrelevant with my wording, this is my fault.. but if you did a reading for someone and they say "oh i think my wife or husband is sneaking around" .. what cards would confirm that to you.

I haven't read anyone yet in regards to infidelity so I'm curious to know how more experienced readers see a cheater in a reader.

feminine_mystique

For me it would be a female court card (or even two courts) + a card representing "forbidden fruit", sexuality, lies etc... So possibly a queen paired with The Devil, The Moon, The Lovers, 3 of Swords, 7 of Cups...

My personal view of The Empress is that sure she is sexual, sensual and very feminine, but to me she's more of a mother figure. And The High Priestess is in my interpretations more of an inner guide, and wisdom seeker, I guess more spiritual than related to a love situation.
So what type of spread do you use for something like that? If you used a celtic spread for example and a court card appeared in the spread as a challenge and the outcome and the devil for example as the hopes and fears would you see that as infidelity?

Btw I'm just throwing them in random places this wasn't my or anyones reading I'm just a bit confused as to where to see the connection.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

nuttyprofessor

This really sounds like escapist word jugglery. Anyone ever be cheated upon will confirm this.

I don't read majors as persons but as archetypical energy
Interesting, but how does this work in practise?

--

You are more experienced readers than me, so I suppose that reversals don't give the message, as you would have mentioned it.

DDwarks

I'm more confused than before now 😣😣😣

LOL I'm sorry I'm so irrelevant with my wording, this is my fault.. but if you did a reading for someone and they say "oh i think my wife or husband is sneaking around" .. what cards would confirm that to you.

I haven't read anyone yet in regards to infidelity so I'm curious to know how more experienced readers see a cheater in a reader.

I've had it in readings represented by the 7 of Swords and the Devil.
This was someone already in a relationship that the girlfriend swore he was a King of Pentacles type.

danieljuk

I personally wouldn't tell someone I was reading for that I could see cheating coming their way, I just don't feel confident enough to make that prediction. Having a court card or Empress as new person coming their way or an obstacle is not necessarily cheating.

I think you can see that a relationship might have problems in future but I wouldn't want to say cheating. I would say that things could be tricky in future but you could do this and this to help the relationship.

In the example of a Celtic Cross reading, obstacles as Empress might show a disconnection to someone's feminine energy, they might feel unconfident with the partner because they have issues expressing themselves. What are their needs? I couldn't say if it's woman coming to steal the man!

The only time I would ever look for patterns of cheating in the cards is if someone asked for a specific reading for that. I would look for the 3's or reversed 3's with some of the other cards, like the courts or Devil or feminine energy cards.