How can you tell if someone will or is cheating?

Citrin

So what type of spread do you use for something like that? If you used a celtic spread for example and a court card appeared in the spread as a challenge and the outcome and the devil for example as the hopes and fears would you see that as infidelity?

Btw I'm just throwing them in random places this wasn't my or anyones reading I'm just a bit confused as to where to see the connection.

Most of the time I don't need a spread for a "short question", I simply read the cards as a story and just lay out maybe 3-7 cards... :) I wouldn't ask the cards if the client's partner is cheating, I find yes or no questions way too limiting for a tarot reading. ;)

But if I asked "What does X need to know about her relationship with her partner?" and say the 7 of Cups, The Devil, 3 of Swords, Queen of Wands, and The Lovers showed up I'd be a bit wary of a third part involved.

Seeing connections is actually what I believe the true art of reading tarot cards is all about. Memorizing keywords, knowing all the astrological correspondences, and knowing the Tree of Life correspondences doesn't mean shit compared to actually seeing what is going on in the scenes the cards are creating in front of you. The cards tell a story, and the story is the answer to your question, so it's all about seeing how the cards connect with one another. :) It's so easy to get stuck on every individual card meaning, but getting the most out of the cards involves seeing the stories. Just my personal thoughts and philosophy here...

I use the Celtic Cross sometimes, but I personally find it limiting with a very concise question like this.

feminine_mystique

Most of the time I don't need a spread for a "short question", I simply read the cards as a story and just lay out maybe 3-7 cards... :) I wouldn't ask the cards if the client's partner is cheating, I find yes or no questions way too limiting for a tarot reading. ;)

But if I asked "What does X need to know about her relationship with her partner?" and say the 7 of Cups, The Devil, 3 of Swords, Queen of Wands, and The Lovers showed up I'd be a bit wary of a third part involved.

Seeing connections is actually what I believe the true art of reading tarot cards is all about. Memorizing keywords, knowing all the astrological correspondences, and knowing the Tree of Life correspondences doesn't mean shit compared to actually seeing what is going on in the scenes the cards are creating in front of you. The cards tell a story, and the story is the answer to your question, so it's all about seeing how the cards connect with one another. :) It's so easy to get stuck on every individual card meaning, but getting the most out of the cards involves seeing the stories. Just my personal thoughts and philosophy here...

I use the Celtic Cross sometimes, but I personally find it limiting with a very concise question like this.
I definitely think you're right. In the end all is about how you interpret the cards.

I guess I still have a lot to learn. This is a bit too advanced for me now lol but it's interesting to see how and what others would interpret as infidelity.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Citrin

I definitely think you're right. In the end all is about how you interpret the cards.

I guess I still have a lot to learn. This is a bit too advanced for me now lol but it's interesting to see how and what others would interpret as infidelity.

That's why I love forums and tarot books! :) It's like I expand my inner library of understanding tarot! The more interpretations I open up to - the more the cards show me, and the clearer the message.

Don't worry, you will get there. :) But I do recommend to try out creating stories just by pulling three cards. Even do the "reversed" technique maybe? Look through your deck, what cards laid out in a row would say infidelity to you? What cards would say "Change job!" and what cards would say "Stay at this job!"? ;) It's a very interesting exercise that really makes you think.

Grizabella

I'm more confused than before now 😣😣😣

LOL I'm sorry I'm so irrelevant with my wording, this is my fault.. but if you did a reading for someone and they say "oh i think my wife or husband is sneaking around" .. what cards would confirm that to you.

I haven't read anyone yet in regards to infidelity so I'm curious to know how more experienced readers see a cheater in a reader.

I don't like to read on that. I tell the sitter that, since Tarot readers, no matter how skilled, can make mistakes, there's too great a chance a reading like that could just cause needless harm. Like gregory said, the chance is too great that a wrong reading might occur, breaking apart a happy union. Long term love relationships face too many challenges as it is without a Tarot reader mixing in and making wrong predictions of infidelity to boot.

Besides that, if we start giving card combinations that could mean infidelity, then we run the risk of those sticking in a new reader's mind as being a sure sign of infidelity and then they'll think automatically about infidelity when those cards show up.

I think asking the sitter why they think there may be infidelity is good. And then you could do a reading as to what would be the best course of action to make their relationship as sound as possible. If they say they know for a fact there's been infidelity, then you could do a reading for them about what would be their best action to follow for their own best interests. Separation or divorce are not always the answer, even if there's been infidelity, especially if there are children involved.

nisaba

LOL I'm sorry I'm so irrelevant with my wording, this is my fault.. but if you did a reading for someone and they say "oh i think my wife or husband is sneaking around" .. what cards would confirm that to you.

Is it even sneaking around if they don't feel bad about it?

I haven't read anyone yet in regards to infidelity so I'm curious to know how more experienced readers see a cheater in a reader.

When I do general spreads, I have a column for home-and-family, and a column for relationships-and-the-heart. I find that if the mood of those two columns are markedly different, then their heart is invested outside the home. :)

feminine_mystique

Is it even sneaking around if they don't feel bad about it?

When I do general spreads, I have a column for home-and-family, and a column for relationships-and-the-heart. I find that if the mood of those two columns are markedly different, then their heart is invested outside the home. :)
Ahhh interesting.

I had a friend who went to see a tarot reader even before she found someone saying she will find a husband but he will cheat and cause her to find her actual true lover. Which actually happened.

A few years later she married her ex husband. Then he left her but she actually fell in love with the guy who was selling their house. Isn't that something.

Cant wait to get that good.

😎

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Laurelle

The Empress and the HP are both archetypes for different types of women. The Empress is the wife, mother and she is sensual. The HP tends to be single, keep secrets, she's the nun, she quiet and passive, but she's more than that. She's the woman who gives virgin births. So the way I've seen it is that if the HP comes up with another court card (this is from a female cheating perspective) then there is a secret being kept. If the HP ever got pregnant, she would give a "virgin" birth (metaphorically speaking). So there is this aspect that I see in the HP that is very different than most people's interpretations. She's Nepthys who cheated with Osiris and gave birth to Anubis. She's the opposite side of the Empress.

For men I've seen cheaters come up a lot with the Knight of Swords and Knight of Wands. Those knights.....Sometimes even the Knight of Cups, but he may not act on it. I find the kings are less likely to cheat, but they can given they spread and positions.

I just look for certain cards like the other viewers said: more than one court card if it's a queen, a queen with the HP, any of the 3s, 5 and 7 of Swords. Especially the 3 of Cups reversed.

Once you get a better handle on the cards, the imagery and symbolism will speak to you. Then you can create your own story. The symbolism is very, very important.

For example, some people see the Queen of Wands as sexual. I do not. I see her as Cybele being guarded by lions. I see the historical symbolism from my own vantage point. That's the great thing about tarot. They all have similar meanings, but we interpret them from our own archetypical depths.

I hope that made sense.