Buying from Amazon

ladyunicorn

I have a question and I am unsure if it fits here or not.

I've looked at Amazon to buy tarot decks and oracle decks. Tarot especially sometimes it seems that it is only the book. For example, right now I am looking at The English Magic Tarot and it only shows paperback as an option.

Does anyone know if this strictly means its just the book? Because I know sometimes a deck will come as a set/book.

Padma

It should say book only, if that is the case. You can always contact Amazon and ask! :)
At the Book Depository, a subsidiary of Amazon (with free shipping always!) they will note book only - and if it is a deck and book kit, it will say "multimedia" in the description, so you know the cards come with.

ETA at Amazon.ca it says "old English Tarot Deck" in the description. At Amazon.com, enter "old English Tarot Deck" into the search bar, and it will come up listed as such - plus the descriptor "toy" which means it is definitely a deck.

athenafletcher

I've bought a lot of tarot decks from Amazon and have had no problem. I'm a Prime member so with the 2-day shipping benefit, I get my decks quickly and that makes me happy.

If it says "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com" that's usually a reliable indicator. I also look at the customer reviews if there are any to check that the item is legit and exactly what I want. Regarding The English Magic Tarot, it includes both the deck and guidebook, judging from the item description and the reviews.

ladyunicorn

I've bought a lot of tarot decks from Amazon and have had no problem. I'm a Prime member so with the 2-day shipping benefit, I get my decks quickly and that makes me happy.

If it says "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com" that's usually a reliable indicator. I also look at the customer reviews if there are any to check that the item is legit and exactly what I want. Regarding The English Magic Tarot, it includes both the deck and guidebook, judging from the item description and the reviews.

I just wanted someone to help me confirm that because I actually was going to be getting the English Magic Tarot for a friend and I didnt want it to just end up being the guidebook, you know?

athenafletcher

I just wanted someone to help me confirm that because I actually was going to be getting the English Magic Tarot for a friend and I didnt want it to just end up being the guidebook, you know?

This is one of the customer reviews from September 14, 2016:
Great Tarot cards. The images are easy to connect with. This boxed set comes in a great box with an actual full sized book. I am very impress and happy that I finally received this! I just received it today.

So yeah, no worries, you'll be getting the deck for sure, not just the guidebook!

Awkward.turtle91

Amazon is good I buy my decks from their :).

Book depository are quick yes! ^_^ ...

It should say book & tarot set or tarot kit :).

X

ladyunicorn

This is one of the customer reviews from September 14, 2016:
Great Tarot cards. The images are easy to connect with. This boxed set comes in a great box with an actual full sized book. I am very impress and happy that I finally received this! I just received it today.

So yeah, no worries, you'll be getting the deck for sure, not just the guidebook!

Thanks so much!

Barleywine

I buy most of my decks from Amazon (US) with almost no problems. You still have to be careful, though, especially with older decks. The item descriptions can be misleading, especially if the deck is coming from a third-party reseller (which is either stated in the advertising or shown as "Amazon Marketplace"). I've seen some reviews indiscriminately attached to the wrong item (book vs. deck). Usually someone will call out Amazon in the customer review section if they got the wrong item, so it's important to read at least all of the low-rated reviews.

Patrick Booker

You cannot buy the book and cards separately for the English Magic Tarot, at least not new.

Patrick

ladyunicorn

Thanks for all the help everyone. I really appreciate it.