2011 Lo Scarabeo Egyptian Kit with color book_ English Edition

Cerulean

ISBN 10- 0738704482
ISBN 13 978-0738704487

The Egyptian Tarot
Contains a deck of 78 colored cards and 160 pages color book

Isbn on bottom and back. Box is sand yellow and has magnetic closure.

Book has subtle differences in text, first look seems to have same text as black and white book. Color pictures make this a pretty set.

Back later with any notes. I saw it at a Borders bookstore that wasn't ,closing...

Cerulean

Changes in Table of Contents

1.New 2011 has 5 additional pages in a section called Further Reading which is advertising LS Egyptian products.

2.Chronological History of Tarot Cards in new book has small color pictures and date change of 1971 info.

3. An additional picture of a sphinx in the intro.

4.The new text does not have the Junctin de Florence Cabinet picture in the Arcana of Destiny section.

5. The new book's section of the Pyramid Ceremony has an additional picture.

6. The Minor Arcana section has a different Rosacrucian circle drawing. and an additional
picture..

7. The old book has an illustration of Count Cagliostro portrait...not in the new text.

I would say the new book is an improvement.

Cerulean

Old Book, black box editiion

There seems to be a lack of American Amazon.com or Borders info on the new edition as of April 2011. The old black box edition in English is listed where I bought ithe new version in the sand/goldish beige box from Bordets.

As of now, I would say look at the set before physically buyimg it so you know what you are getting.

Back with old black book notes.

Parzival

2011 Lo Scarabeo Egyptian Tarot Kit

This is a very nice set, with little color pictures throughout the book, unlike the prior printing. The deck is quite interesting, simpler in the major arcana than the recently colored also Wegener-based Church of Light deck, but symbolically rich and seemingly authentic, with the paint on papyrus look. I like the meditations on the major arcana (in the book), with the Neoplatonic take on the meanings, with interpretations/meditations on Spirit, soul-mind, bodily levels or aspects, written by Paul Christian in the 19th century (not by Iamblichus)-- here, the author's myth as to origins meets his own thoughtful meditations, successfully so. Impressive symbolic journey.

Le Fanu

I have this set. I thought the book looked very good and substantial. It is a deck which I would love to delve deeper into and I felt the book was an excellent companion book.

Cerulean

I agree this melding seems like the retake on older cartomancy with meditative majors

I remember questions asking if the streams of heirogyphics in the paintings were authentic and it semed as if painterly creativity was admired, but no one translated an actual text? In any case the book includes a magicians alphabet that appeared in a book of Count Cagliostro and his rite...the romanticism I do not mind.

I think the new set is charming and my coupon made it a welcome find. I am glad for the old set for reference, but use the new with different draws and plan to play with the alphabet for charm.

Cerulean

Frank Hall said:
This is a very nice set, with little color pictures throughout the book, unlike the prior printing. The deck is quite interesting, simpler in the major arcana than the recently colored also Wegener-based Church of Light deck, but symbolically rich and seemingly authentic, with the paint on papyrus look. I like the meditations on the major arcana (in the book), with the Neoplatonic take on the meanings, with interpretations/meditations on Spirit, soul-mind, bodily levels or aspects, written by Paul Christian in the 19th century (not by Iamblichus)-- here, the author's myth as to origins meets his own thoughtful meditations, successfully so. Impressive symbolic journey.