22 Majors only - What's your favourite one?

Gulliver

What's your favourite majors only deck? Or maybe: what are your favourite majors only decks?

I don't know so much of these decks, but there are some really interesting art decks. I like the Wild Green Chagallian Tarot or the Lebanese.

darkbookworm13

My favorite one that I have encountered thus far is the Wooden Tarot. That one is also the only one I have ever purchased, all others haven't really appealed to me. But the artwork is incredible, primal, and grabs me by the guts, so I had to buy it.

Darkmage

I have to admit that I only own two Majors-only decks. They are Tarot for Cats and the Glow in the Dark Tarot.

I absolutely *adore* Tarot for Cats. I really wish they had done a full 78 card deck here--the whole thing is from the POV of a cat and it's absolutely hilarious. I wouldn't trade this in for the world.

The Glow Tarot is a nice novelty and commands a pretty penny on the collector's market. It's the RWS as line drawings with glow in the dark ink. It's an interesting conversation piece, but not much more than that. The full RWS works far better for full readings.

I should probably get the 3D Lo Scarabeo deck here soon. Evidently, it's the 22 Majors printed lenticularly so they appear 3D. It'd be interesting for a novelty if not much else. Hmm...

freyaisunavailable

There was only one I couldn't resist buying, though usually majors only is a deal breaker for me: the tarot romantisches by Giorgio Trevisan. I wonder if he is married to Elisabetta Trevisan. The cards are beautiful, I only wish there were more.
Adam McClean has published some beautiful majors only that I want soo much but are OOP anyway so I don't have to worry about it.. The Lebanese and the Alchemical Wedding are two I would love to come back as full decks for me to buy!!

Rose Lalonde

The white-bordered Mary-el Majors&Aces from '03 was one of my first decks, and the blog leading up to its production was what started me reading with tarot, so it's a favorite.

I like Toppi's work, so I have his 22 Tarocchi Universali Sergio Toppi in addition to his full deck (Tarot of the Origins).

I don't yearn for one I don't have, mostly because I'm more likely to do a minors only reading than majors only, but I agree with you and freyaisunavailable that the Lebanese Tarot is lovely.

swedishfish612

I don't own any. I can't figure out what I'd do with it, and I don't want to collect just for the sake of art. I want usable decks only.

Cocobird55

Wild Green Chagallian. I sometimes read with this one, and it's fine.

Nina*

Me, too... Wild Green Chagallian. I'm so glad I got one of the last ones back then; I really love that deck.

stellar4

Have to agree with the Wild Green Chagallian - looks fabulous and reads brilliantly. I would love the Pen and the Lebanese too, but both were sold out before I caught onto them.

Catmoon

The Wild Green Chagallian Tarot I have it and I love it, reads very nicelly too. I also have the 3D from lo scarabeo but I'm not very fond of it... I wish I had the Pen Tarot but couldn't afford it till it was oop, :(