"BRuT" A Modern Tarot by Uusi

Uusi

Are the man and lion on the strength card wrestling or screwing? I can't see strength as unambiguous...yet to me it is.

Yikes! Just wrestling. In my next life I might be brave enough to do a "naughty" Tarot. ha.

Uusi

Usually that's not my style of deck but I feel drawn to the look of them!
I didn't read very thoroughly through the thread so I'm wondering, will they be the size of playing cards?

Hi Obsydian! The cards are 60mm x 110mm. They are the same width as a poker deck but about an inch longer. We thought about making them poker size, but the longer size has such a classic, elegant look to it. We are working with a company called Expert Playing Cards who will be producing our deck using a premium card stock that is from Germany. We wanted the deck to not only be enjoyable to look at but to play with as well.

Obsydian

That's a perfect size! I have small hands so something a bit smaller is always helpful. Thanks for the answer!

starlightexp

I just got in the Pagan playing card deck and love the look and feel of it. The raised gold on the tuck box is a great touch. I can't wait for the tarot deck. Any idea what the price might be?

Uusi

I just got in the Pagan playing card deck and love the look and feel of it. The raised gold on the tuck box is a great touch. I can't wait for the tarot deck. Any idea what the price might be?

Just saw this –*very cool that you picked up a Pagan, starlightexp! And I am so happy you are enjoying it. Pagan is one of my favorite Uusi decks.

As for the BRuT deck, there will be a Kickstarter Early Bird Special (50 of these will be available) for $16 per deck. After that a single deck will be $18 (on Kickstarter only!). We have a lot of cool rewards planned (including some very special, 24KT Gold, hand gilded decks), so we hope to see you over there on April 18th! Which by the way, coincides with the New Moon –*a powerful day to pick up a Tarot!

tarotbear

Are the man and lion on the strength card wrestling or screwing? I can't see strength as unambiguous...yet to me it is.

In older 'Continental' decks Strength was Hercules showing that brute strength was the be-all & end-all; the RWS with its woman closing the Lion's mouth by 'strength of will' is an 'English' deck concept.

Uusi

In older 'Continental' decks Strength was Hercules showing that brute strength was the be-all & end-all; the RWS with its woman closing the Lion's mouth by 'strength of will' is an 'English' deck concept.

Verrrrry interesting! When you say "Continental" do you mean European decks or early American decks?

jema

Continental means European.

The lady and the lion is hardly 'english' though. It is only very rare that older decks show herculus and the club, most of the early TdMs have the lady and lion we are used to.

tarotbear

"Continental" means the European continent; there is no such thing as an 'Early American' style Tarot deck that I am aware of.

No - but many older Italian decks have a 'Forza' (Strength) card and it's usually Hercules.

Uusi

"Continental" means the European continent; there is no such thing as an 'Early American' style Tarot deck that I am aware of.

No - but many older Italian decks have a 'Forza' (Strength) card and it's usually Hercules.

Embarrassed about my "Continental" confusion, but I love that Hercules was once used on that card.