2016 Lo Scarabeo Catalog

EmpyreanKnight

I would definitely be getting the Masonic Tarot. Too bad it does not come in a kit, I would very much prefer that. Just a curious thing though. In the catalogue images, the High Priestess card does not have the familiar B and J insignia in the two pillars, but the Empress does. What gives?

And I would definitely be grabbing the Tarot Fundamentals book. At 624 pages it's a show stopper whopper, and I bet for a beginner like me I could learn loads from that.

IHeartRescues

It looks as though there is another mistake in the catalog, besides the one in After Tarot already mentioned.

The pretty Ceccoli Oracle box says 32 cards, but the description says 36. Are my eyes crossing?

edited to add: I love the Chaplin card of the Cat Tarot (X)!! And the Tarot Code and After Tarot will be on my radar until I can find the fatal flaws...

Metafizzypop

It looks like Lo Scarabeo is starting to re-issue some old decks from the Spanish publisher Fournier. The catalogue had the Spanish Tarot, and it also had El Gran Tarot Esoterico. I'm glad to see the El Gran get republished again, because it's one of my faves. It looks historical, but it's really from the 1970s. It follows the Wirth System though, where Swords are associated with Water.

Out of the new decks, the Cat Tarot looks really good. But boy, they sure do make a lot of cat-themed tarot decks!

Darkmage

They're coming out with a lot of good stuff.

I love cat decks, but their Cat Tarot just looks creepy as hell. I'm not sure if I like it. I think I'll have to see it up close.

It's nice to see someone printing Zener cards again. Those are actually pretty hard to find.

I'm probably going to have to get the After Tarot kit (the Fool hanging off the cliff is hilarious) and the Apokalypsis kit, too. Color Your Tarot will probably find its way onto one of my wishlists along with the Golden Wirth. I'm also pleased to see the Golden Visconti being rereleased.

Rainbow Runes? That depends on the price. A lot of the other stuff is meh.

seedcake

I always get excited about the new LoS releases. The Victoria Frances Oracle is already in my local shop - too much lace and fangs for my taste - but I am excited about the Cecolli Oracle. Love the deck (wonder if they'll be using the same images as the tarot deck?) so I'm curious as to what they'll be doing with the freer style Oracle.

I love Ceccoli Tarot, amazing deck cause of the art and how it makes my mind work. But at some point, I find the idea for oracle cards a bit cheap. Even I must admit that I'd like to buy this one. If it has more images from the Tarot deck, I'd think it was made just to sell. Maybe I'm wrong (I don't mind it). And of course, Ceccoli's artwork looks stunning in these cards. Backs are very pretty too.

Aeric

I quite like the new Circle of Life backs, but I also hope the LWB has been rewritten. So many of the meanings had utterly no correlation to the images that I could see, that it often felt like the author had no access to the deck when writing them.

I just gave away my 1st ed. Circle deck so I hope the new one will be improved.

EDIT: The catalogue says an "extended color booklet." Hopefully this means better, not more nonsense.

jema

I want the colour yourself tarot NOW!!!

silviannes

I want the colour yourself tarot NOW!!!

I second this! That would be amazing... It is almost a bonding experience with the deck to finish the pictures by coloring them in :) Since I don't make my own decks, that is the closest I will get to doing so hehe. Plus, I'm a child at heart and love to color.

Celtictarot