Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews          Tarot Forum               Free Tarot Readings           Tarot Card Meanings

The bonefire has landed

Citizen

Nydia 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurarcana View Post
The size is perfect too: not too big, not too small. Coins instead of Pentacles in the Minors. Like others mentioned: love the handwritten LWB, the fade-out effect on the edges of the cards on the midnight blue card stock. And surprisingly, I like the printed titles on the cards in addition to the handwritten title in the art. Since there is a lot going on in the cards, it really helps. I could go on and on...

Gabi, thank you so much for creating a deck like this, for taking a risk at self-publishing, and paying attention to small details like, finding a good printer, having a good home for the cards (in this case, a unique Tarot bag).
I agree with what was said above. I received my deck a few days ago.
I'm also happy with:
Courts called Page, Knight, Queen and King
Coins instead of Pentacles, like said above
The pinecones are still titled Wands.
No blindfold on Justice. Some decks add a blindfold, which is annoying to me.
No changed names on the Majors
Beautiful, colorful, interesting artwork
The Ace of Swords is a favorite in this deck.
The deck looks very professionally produced!

The deck is the same width (deck thickness) as the Tarot Illuminati. I like the Bonefire cardstock, even though I'm not good shuffling it and the cards don't slide easily for me. I love the black bag with the wooden heart, because it fits the deck perfectly, in size and in looks.

I only discovered this deck when it was in the Advertisements section. I'm glad I bought it. Thank you, Gabi/wooden-eye for making it!
Top   #51
Citizen

Kgirl 

I received my Bonefire deck today.

Haven't had a chance to fully take it in but its stunning. What an achievement!

Some special mentions:

- love love love the cardstock!
- I like the shape of the cards, I think it shuffles very nicely
- the Queen of Wands has to be about the coolest court card ever!
- the Queen of Cups soulful eyes are devastating
- the majors are just so rich

Artwork is fantastic

Bravo to Gabi / wooden-eye

Just a beautiful deck!
Top   #52
Citizen

Rosewater 
C'mon, postie...

After reading all the excitement on this thread and seeing the sample images of this deck, I've ordered and am impatient to add my impressions. Interestingly, this is NOT the sort of deck I'm usually drawn to, but perhaps that is the chief gift of the Tarot, that it can open us up to unknown and unexplored parts of ourselves.
Top   #53
Reader

prudence 

Blurg

I think if I don't order one of these that I will regret it for ages. I should not have looked.
Top   #54
Citizen

BodhiSeed 

I'm blaming Elendil for making me surrender to the urge to buy this deck. He's used it on his blog for over a week now, and I can't stop looking at the cards. There just seemed to be so much to see in each card... I couldn't help myself.

Can anyone tell me the approximate amount of time it takes to reach the States? I don't want to stalk my postie too early.
Top   #55
Citizen

wooden-eye 
Bonefire tarot update

Bodhiseed,
Decks to the US are taking between 2 and 3 weeks to arrive. Yours should be there soon.
I have about 100 decks left which are ready ish to send. I make the pouches up in smaller batches. After those 100 there will possibly be a delay while I try to find a suitable venue to compile the rest of the decks, my caravan is not such a place.
I have decided not to wholesale any of the decks until I arrive home in November, so hopefully my supply will last a while.
Supply and demand are matching each other quite well at the moment, so if any one wants one, it should not be a problem.
Thanks to you who have responded to your decks arrival, I read with trepidation when the Internet lets me.
Wooden-eye
Top   #56
Citizen

Winterchild 
Oooh!

I hope mine is on the way to NZ too Thanks for answering my email so quickly. Reading this thread has me even more excited!

Winter
Top   #57
Citizen

BodhiSeed 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooden-eye View Post
Bodhiseed,
Decks to the US are taking between 2 and 3 weeks to arrive.
Thanks Gabi. Yours is not the sort of deck I would normally become enamored of, but it is such a thoughtful deck, full of meaningful content as well as colorful, beautiful images. I look forward to its arrival!
Top   #58
Reader

prudence 

I want to submit my paypal payment for the Bonefire, but I am stuck on the shipping fees....is there a flat fee for shipping to the US or is it specific by state or something?

How did you all figure out the shipping fees?

Thank you for any help you can give me.
Top   #59
Citizen

Winterchild 
Paypal/Shipping

Prudence, you email Gabi and send your Paypal address and she sends you a Paypal invoice as soon as she is able. I am excited to get my first new deck in about 8 months!!

winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by prudence View Post
I want to submit my paypal payment for the Bonefire, but I am stuck on the shipping fees....is there a flat fee for shipping to the US or is it specific by state or something?

How did you all figure out the shipping fees?

Thank you for any help you can give me.
Top   #60

More in the Aeclectic Tarot Forum
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Elsewhere on Aeclectic Tarot
· Tarot Cards & Reviews
· Free Tarot Readings
· What's New
· Tarot Card Meanings

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2020 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.