When a readers rituals scare the client...

214red

franniee said:
Many Many professionals and I use that term loosely CAN'T read and don't have a psychic/intuitive bone in their body. In NYC they are a dime a dozen and charge way more than that! They are charlatans! They stand on the street and try an coax you in with fear etc. It is gross, but it is what it is. I can tell within a few moments if I am getting a good reading or not..... when it is not I sit back and enjoy the show. When I was younger they had me for much longer..... but never fully because deep down I knew what was going on. Anyway I digress.....try another person - possible with recommendations. :)
lol
i can tell usually by their photo, but as i said in an earlier post, i went against my guides advice and my own psychic sense...so perhaps it just serves me right:)
perhaps i am just a tight a** and dont like paying for bad service, or something i can do myself!

franniee

:laugh: Oh it bugs me too no matter how much it costs! :heart:

I don't scare easily either. })

214red

franniee said:
:laugh: Oh it bugs me too no matter how much it costs! :heart:

I don't scare easily either. })
join the club, i think i just wanted to moan...lol

lark

Red I have a question...you said she did new spreads for each new question and reshuffled and you had to pick the cards yourself from fanned cards each time is that right?

214red

lark said:
Red I have a question...you said she did new spreads for each new question and reshuffled and you had to pick the cards yourself from fanned cards each time is that right?

she did new spreads even for clarification of the question, and she fanned the cards on the desk each time asking me to select them , this after she made sure all the cards were upright in the deck before shuffling

lark

214red said:
she did new spreads even for clarification of the question, and she fanned the cards on the desk each time asking me to select them , this after she made sure all the cards were upright in the deck before shuffling
I asked because this isn't really a ritual, it's more of a time waster....some readers do this so that they don't have to talk much, and your 20-30 minutes is wasted shuffling, picking cards, getting yelled at for not doing this or that right...it's really a scam, to give the reader an easy way of doing a reading without really doing much reading at all.
I've seen this before and it gives readers a bad name...
I have rituals too, but anything I do is done before the clock starts ticking, and once the deck is shuffled it is held in my hand and all questions are pulled from the once shuffled deck...your 30 minutes is intense talk time..you are not paying for wasted theatrics.
I'd at least let the fair owner know you were not happy with your reading.
I'm really sorry you had that kind of experience there is really no excuse for it.

214red

lark said:
I asked because this isn't really a ritual, it's more of a time waster....some readers do this so that they don't have to talk much, and your 20-30 minutes is wasted shuffling, picking cards, getting yelled at for not doing this or that right...it's really a scam, to give the reader an easy way of doing a reading without really doing much reading at all.
I've seen this before and it gives readers a bad name...
I have rituals too, but anything I do is done before the clock starts ticking, and once the deck is shuffled it is held in my hand and all questions are pulled from the once shuffled deck...your 30 minutes is intense talk time..you are not paying for wasted theatrics.
I'd at least let the fair owner know you were not happy with your reading.
I'm really sorry you had that kind of experience there is really no excuse for it.
yeah i thought so too. if it was a fair i would have paid a cheaper price and not been bothered with a crap reading, but it was in a respected shop who are known for the quality of their readers, sadly i dont think this women did them any favours

weirdly i went to a palmistry meetup a few days ago and it was the opposite, the talk at the start was interesting, she free. i paid for a taster £5 palm reading for 10 mins and she was spot on, no waffling and i felt like i was paying her way too little as she crammed as much as possible into the 10 mins (and the others in the meetup all said the same). i will be recomending her to friends who would like readings!

lark

Oh a shop, well then I'm sure the shop owner should know...but if the reader is long established there and is the shop owner's friend it might not make a dent...but at least you have the satisfaction of calling the bluff...
A responsible shop owner would give you a free rerading with another reader.

Exona

214red said:
A) Has anyone else found other readers rituals slightly scary when having them read for you?
B) Would knowing someone's reading style help you select a reader?
C) How do you register your dissatisfaction, or do you not bother?[/b]

A) People have their own way of reading, and I respect that, no matter how odd it could be in my eyes. I asked a friend to do a reading for me recently, and the way she laid out the cards made me feel a bit uncomfortable. It was just that it was different from the way I do it, so it made me think, "wait, is that right?" or "is that wrong to do to your cards?" but in the end, I think it'll still work out no matter how different people's rituals are.

B) I think knowing someone's reading style is very important to a person. The words they use, the vibe they draw from the cards, and how much detail they give you is something I'd really want. Some would just say a few words and make you figure things out for yourself. Or they would just give you a simple and straight to the point answer. It's nice to have the answers given to you, but I always want to know what's behind the answer and such.

C) The situation you had would be more irritating to me than scary. If you're paying them to do a reading for you, and all they can say is a few things from a 16-card spread plus those extra pausing-to-shuffle and everything else, then it's not really worth it. I've had a few readings where I wasn't happy with how they did it. I would show them my dissatisfaction, but would pay them for their effort alone.

214red

Exona said:
, but I always want to know what's behind the answer and such.

C) The situation you had would be more irritating to me than scary. If you're paying them to do a reading for you, and all they can say is a few things from a 16-card spread plus those extra pausing-to-shuffle and everything else, then it's not really worth it. I've had a few readings where I wasn't happy with how they did it. I would show them my dissatisfaction, but would pay them for their effort alone.
i must admit to not caring whats behind the answer, just because when you get certain messages through mental mediumship its harder to explain as often your given the information without any background, unlike card reading.

i decided to pay even though i wasnt initially happy, because i wanted to take it away and see if i was just irritated i didnt get the info i wanted, i think someones we can shoot the messenger (i wanted to be fair). so i waited and then listened to the recording and sat on it for a few days, but i still felt dissatisfied.