"Sun in the 12th House" Blues/Can Someone Do a Chart?

sunflowr

Just wondering if anyone here can do a chart/interpret for me? I know this may be asking alot, but I would be willing to give an Angel card reading or Sabian symbol reading, or take you out to lunch. ;) hehe! I just need help with something that is really depressing me lately. I think my Sun is in the 12th house (according to an online chart thing) and, if it is, that means my pursuits will be met with many obstacles. eeks. I mean, do I want to keep living if I already know everything I touch will turn to doggy doodoo and will be met with roadblocks at every turn? Sounds pretty depressing to me. ;p

So, I am just wondering if someone skilled at this can interpret other aspects of my chart that maybe would negate that awful Sun in the 12th house.

My stats:

April 29 1960 (yes, I have a birthday coming up in a few days. :) )
7:13 am
Los Angeles, California USA (north hollywood, to be exact)

I really would appreciate it so much. I've never really had someone interpret my chart before, except automatic online things, and only real vague. I'd like to know if there is any hope in my life. haha.. also if there is a "time" thing involved here as to when my romantic and career ambitions will look up. Been stuck in neutral sooo long.

Thanks again. :)

Baby Owl

I would be happy to do a quick look at your chart. (There are others here at Aeclectic who are far more experienced than I am, so hopefully they will come forward also and catch what I miss!)

Baby Owl

Just a few things I noticed in your chart...

You do have the Sun in the 12th House (I am using the Equal House System, by the way). I suppose it could be said that your "pursuits will be met with many obstacles." However, that's a very limited assessment and not one I would dwell on. It's true that the 12th House is sometimes called the "House of Secrets", "House of Sorrows," and "House of Self-undoing" but it's also considered the house of the subconscious and the unknown, a house of spiritual reward and debt.

Astrologers typically associate the 12th House with the planet Neptune, planet of dreams, illusions, and mysticism, and the sign Pisces.

The Sun in the 12th House often indicates that success will come later in life. You are likely to develop deep spiritual understanding and a profound inner life. A person with his Sun in the 12th House may be drawn to occupations within institutions such as hospitals, prisons, or places of spiritual retreat. None of that is inherently negative or difficult.

To somewhat offset the "scary" qualities of the 12th House, your Sun is in Taurus, a practical, stable, dependable Earth sign. You also have Taurus rising, which adds even more stability. Thus it's less likely that you will be swept away by the "sorrows, troubles, and self-undoing" implied by the 12th House placement of your Sun, but also explains why the idea of being in the 12th House feels particularly uncomfortable to you. That uneasiness is probably intensified because your 12th house is in Aries, ruled by Mars, which happens to be in Pisces — and Neptune opposes your Sun in the chart.

Fortunately, Taurus is ruled by Venus, planet of love and beauty. That means Venus (which is right next-door in Aries, in the 11th House) is sort of "looking out for" your Sun, taking a little ownership for the Sun's well-being.

So while you may not be able to say "it's all good" all the time, neither can you really say "it's all bad." There's much more to your chart than this, but hopefully it's enough to make you feel a little better!

isthmus nekoi

Hey there sunflowr,

What do performer Madonna, US president George Bush and innovative filmmaker Orsen Welles have in common? They're all 12th house suns!

While it is true that the 12th house is a weak placement traditionally, it most certainly does not mean you are doomed to be thwarted at every turn. I have a 12th house sun myself and rather like the placement b/c of the strong connection to the unconscious it bestows (I have almost no planets in water signs, so this is how I get my watery connection)... I personally know numerous 12th house suns who aren't serial killers or stuck in prison or what not either ;)

As a double Taurean (sun/ASC), you may follow the principal of inertia. Once you get going, you have the stability and endurance to follow through but it's the getting things started that's not so easy for you.

judylea1

sun in the 12th

My father has sun in the twelfth house. Though he has had his difficulties in life (mostly early in life), he has a wonderful, prestigious career he is happy in (he is a professor of musicology), had very supportive parents, and is very happily married. I wouldn't say his life has been at all cursed.

isthmus nekoi

sunflowr, you do have a grand trine w/Sun, Pluto and Jupiter in earth. Earth is not the most exciting element but there is something to be said for the stability and consistency earth brings. You also may have benefited from father figures (Pluto, Jupiter) in your youth or at least been heavily influenced by them - now that you are older, you can begin to encorporate these energies into yourself.

prudence

isthmus nekoi said:
Hey there sunflowr,

What do performer Madonna, US president George Bush and innovative filmmaker Orsen Welles have in common? They're all 12th house suns!

I am a pisces sun in the 12th house, and I really appreciate this information Isthmus! Nice to see positive examples! Thanks!

BTW Happy Belated Birthday, Sunflower!!

sunflowr

Astrid O said:
isthmus nekoi said:
Hey there sunflowr,

I am a pisces sun in the 12th house, and I really appreciate this information Isthmus! Nice to see positive examples! Thanks!

BTW Happy Belated Birthday, Sunflower!!

Thanks! :) And thank you everyone for the explanations and examples of Sun in 12th house, and for the chart interpretation. :) I really appreciate it and don't feel quite as hopeless now. ;) Some very good positive examples!