That first card pulled from a new deck...

.traveller.

How much credence do you give to that first pull from a new deck?

It isn't something I've ever given much thought to until today.

I pulled a card from the Fradella, which had been airing out for several weeks, and I received a very specific and direct answer.

The problem is... I don't believe it. It was too specific, almost unrealistically so and it was about timing.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Cocombat

Not that I'm an expert, and not to be facetious,
but maybe - time will tell?
You could treat it as a test card that'll tell you a lot about this deck.

I'm having the same thing with a new deck I'm playing with - I really get the sense that different decks have their own individual interpretation for certain cards, AND can be trusted more or less in different areas of life, but at the moment, I haven't used this new one enough to know what it's saying.
I just posted about the Osho Zen reversals, and basically, I'm really not sure what the reversals in the last two positions of the second spread actually *mean*.

If you have an established deck that you do trust, maybe you could cross reference with that? I tried that, and it cleared up a certain amount - I got the Queen of Cups come up again with my standard deck, when I hadn't been sure about it's reversed meaning.

Of course, if you really don't trust it - don't trust it.
Every time I've had a divination tool or even supposed psychics tell me stuff that I was completely nuh-uh about, *I* was correct.

Alta

I agree with Cocombat. And, maybe make a note of the card for later reference. I think working with a deck for a while, that is, you know the images better etc, does increase your reading flow with it.