Hierophant + Sun

nisaba

What does the Hierophant + Sun combo mean? Wrt love readings and otherwise?
Both of them are "marriage cards". So, together I would think that they reinforce the idea that this couple would marry? Or if the couple were expecting a child, then it would be a boy?

Marriage doesn't mean a lot today. People sometimes think badly of a reader because they predicted marriage when the couple weren't religious and decided to live together in a committed relationship for decades, raising families and doing all the married-stuff without actually marrying.

And so many couples go for the Big Day with the Big Dress (and the Big Expense), only to split up in months or very few years. You can buy a good-quality brand-new car cash-down with the cost of most marriages. And that's not including the cost of a potential divorce!

So I often wonder what people on the forum mean when they talk about marriage: do they mean the Big Day with the Big Dress, or do they mean a long-term committed relationship? Only about a third of people who opt for the former actually get the latter.

The Hierophant, to me, is about learning from your ancestors or your culture. It's about accepting the wisdom of the past and growing because of it. The Hierophant is a teacher, passing on the wisdom and the rituals of the past to the generations of the future. And the Sun is a double-espresso, a shot of energy and enthusiasm. Couple those two things, and you get the idea that, in relationship readings or other readings, learning from the past and conforming to society's expectations is a really positive step for the client to take and will give them a new lease on life.

Expecting a child - a boy? Why do you say that? If you are pulling cards specifically for babies, the Hierophant implies a child who will carry the legacy of the past into the future, it doesn't imply gender. The Sun implies an active (and possibly aggressive) child, it doesn't imply gender.

bluelagune

Well, the two cards for me are opposites of each other. Hirophant is rigid, tradition, culture, rules. The sun is the opennes, clarity, happy go lucky. For relationship, I think this couple need to sit down and discuss what is the definition of marriage in their head and if they are on the same page with a, b, c... etc.
As to babies ... out of wedlock? I think priests are not allowed to have them.

nisaba

As to babies ... out of wedlock? I think priests are not allowed to have them.

<grin> Except in most religions, where they are.

Did I miss something? Was the reading for a priest?

bluelagune

I dont know, just a thought that crossed my mind. You know some cultures a couple cannot be intemate before the wedding kinda thing?

Thirteen

Expecting a child - a boy? Why do you say that? If you are pulling cards specifically for babies, the Hierophant implies a child who will carry the legacy of the past into the future, it doesn't imply gender. The Sun implies an active (and possibly aggressive) child, it doesn't imply gender.
That was my presumption, thinking of the Sun as "Apollo" (boy) or Apollo & Artemis (twins). I don't see it as all that problematic a prediction given the RWS image of a naked little boy on a horse. Granted, however, that said image is based on the outdated biases that the male gender is represented by the logical sun, while females are represented by the emotional moon. :)

But given the flexibility of gender, I think you're right and I will, from now on, predict only a "Sunny" child from the card. Let the ultra sound predict the gender :D

nisaba

After all, that's what ultrasounds are good at. :)

QueenPen

Open marriage! Swingers!