Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Fferylt at Beltane?

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups > Individual Deck Studies > DruidCraft Tarot

Citizen

Ambrosia 
Citizen

Fferylt at Beltane?

My apologies if this has been dicussed already but im confused.
Usually the Temperance card is associated with Imbolc which makes total sense to me. Likewise, The goddess Brigit is usually associated with the Temperance card and Imbolc.
So why then, is the Fferylt in Druidcraft associated with Beltane? This makes no sense to me, especially as its creators are Druid and in Druidry Brigit is definately associated with Imbolc. Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance,

Michelle
Top   #1
Citizen

Ambrosia 
Citizen

In another forum it was suggested that Brigit, being a fire goddess and fertilitiy goddess would definately relate to beltane. This certainly makes some sense to me. Still not sure why the creators havnt stayed in keeping with the brigit/imbolc thing though, like what would have made them decide to substitute beltane instead. Good ideas above though, they have helped me understand this decision a bit more.
Any other thoughts on this?
Top   #2
Walking the old paths

PathWalker 
Walking the old paths

The DruidCraft site says...
"Likewise with Temperance, which we have changed to The Fferyllt to reflect the alchemical nature of the card,"
don't knnow if that helps at all? I'll have a read of the book as well, and see what springs to mind.
I do love this deck

Pathwalker
Top   #3
Citizen

Ambrosia 
Citizen

I guess it just goes to show the universal nature of Tarot.
I love the way you can move cards around, and find relationships between the cards and all manner of things. Tarot is not set in stone, and each card can be used to represent a myriad of themes and perspectives.
I love this the best about Tarot, there is always something new to think about.
Top   #4
Citizen

archer1 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by PathWalker
The DruidCraft site says...

Pathwalker
Can you post link please? I found the link thanks anyway...I think I will need that link after all link from the book doesn't work....
Top   #5

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.