12 step recovery tarot

coyoteblack

This is more questions then anything else.

First I go to AA/NA and have been in recovery for 8 years. I go to Na and AA convention and nothing about tarot in fact some one said I might as well do it.

I go to Tarot conventions and not much about 12 step recovery except for this weekend and i would prolly explode going over disagreements. but great effort and kindness on the speakers part.

I have 0 NONE Zilch art talent. Is it still possible to create a deck ? even if just digital form and I will worry about the rest latter.

Amanda

Of course you can! Have you experimented with various things? You may even find you like something just by 'messing around'. I found out that I'm a pretty kick ass artist with oil pastels. But I never saw myself as an 'artist' and still don't, so it was quite a shock. You never know! :D

yirabeth

You could try collage art, which is more having a sense of style (where things should go) and being able to pay attention to meticulous detail. (whether in hand trimming paper images, or "trimming" digital images) I am doing this for my "learning" deck (personal as is CoyoteBlack's) and part of what I think is good about it is the search for just the right picture to depict the emotion inside you. That can take some time, it's a journey in itself...

One hint though -- if ever you think you MAY MIGHT POSSIBLY share your deck, be certain to use public domain images to avoid copyright issues. In fact I'd say, the main constant in life is change, so you should use public domain regardless of future plans...

~Yira

Marcia959

Contact Umbrae for ideas. He actually talked about this at our Lunch and Learn session at RS10.

coyoteblack

Marcia959 said:
Contact Umbrae for ideas. He actually talked about this at our Lunch and Learn session at RS10.

I was there Marcia959 I am in AA/NA he is not hence different opinions. thank you so much for thinking of me though.

coyoteblack

yirabeth said:
You could try collage art, which is more having a sense of style (where things should go) and being able to pay attention to meticulous detail. (whether in hand trimming paper images, or "trimming" digital images) I am doing this for my "learning" deck (personal as is CoyoteBlack's) and part of what I think is good about it is the search for just the right picture to depict the emotion inside you. That can take some time, it's a journey in itself...

One hint though -- if ever you think you MAY MIGHT POSSIBLY share your deck, be certain to use public domain images to avoid copyright issues. In fact I'd say, the main constant in life is change, so you should use public domain regardless of future plans...

~Yira

thank you so much! how do I know what is public domain?

yirabeth

What I did (I'm doing my deck on the computer, will print it out later if I decide to read with it) is do a google search for "public domain picture" and "public domain art" and start clicking links. Maybe pop the word "free" in front of that. Eventually you'll find a style of art/photography that appeals to you and be able to narrow your search with keywords. You *will* go through a lot of crap to find what you like, of course. That's the nature of search engines though...it's worth it in the end, I think, and part of the journey :) Sometimes there's also a bit of serendipity that goes on and you find something you weren't looking for that hits you like a brick and you know it's what you NEED...

There's also a lot of sites that have "royalty free" art/pictures, but they generally want you to buy the picture. It's a one time thing though, so if the picture is worth it and the expense not too much, you may opt for some of those. There's no ongoing fee for having used the picture.

If you're talking by hand, manual...I'm not entirely sure. Some suggest magazines but I don't know the actual details as to what's legal and what's not. Maybe someone else who does will stop in though :)

~Yira