Tarot of the Hidden Realm

moonbear

Thanks for the heads-up Rosewater and BeyondtheVeil :) Good to know that you still use this deck. I missed it when it came out, no computer for a while, and only saw it a few days ago.
It just looks as if it has such good vibes.

moonbearXXX

La Force

Well, I broke my news years resolution. As with most new years resolutions, we make with all good intentions to keep. Any how, I just bought the deck kit today, I'm feeling soo guilty about purchasing it. However this thread, and my daughter birthday. My daughter really took a liking to my gilded Reverie, loves, like so much so, that she hadn't touched any cards in 5 yrs. So I went to my local store to buy her own deck GRL. Low and behold guess what was there on the same shelving as the GRL, was the Tarot of hidden Realm, so guess who bought it, yepp me :) I was caught up in the enabler moment. but I do feel bad, I was suppose to not buy anymore tarot decks, I was to stick with one deck, and really get to know it.

I will admit, I haven't yet taken the celipane off of the cards, but I have been browsing the book.

I would like to hear more about this deck, now that most of you had time to get to know it better, how it is working for you? I'm all ears.

RunningWild

La Force, I bought the deck kit last autumn just out of curiosity. An impulse buy. And honestly, I don't use it. But my best friend came over one weekend and I was showing it to her and she loved it. She went out the next week and got her own kit. She had never bought a deck before and the only other one she had was one I'd given her years ago. She's totally new to tarot and gets the expressions on the faces and understands the elemental part of the deck effortlessly.

moonbear

Mine are due early February, I ordered them with something else on pre-order so I'm having to wait, postage is cheaper that way (very skint here after Christmas :laugh:)
And yes, I too swore I would not buy decks on a whim but this just looked so different (or so I tell myself).

I want to read this one just as it is, perhaps not even bothering with the book, just using the expressions etc. I'm a sucker for nice art anyway.

Padma

It's a gorgeous deck,and it *talks*! :love: I am sure you shall all get on with it - it speaks the language of the soul, you see...

La Force

Oh man now look at what you enablers did, guess what you enabled me to do, now there is no turning back. LOL :) I have taken the celipane off the cards, now I'm browsing them, WOW, gorgeous, oh my those facial expression, holy smokes, oh wait, wait a min. I'm okay I just fell out of chair. Drop dead beautiful death card, oh no, oh wow, crazy wow, the strength card, dang, it has a wolf/dog, ok I'm speechless. Oh boy, these cards are captivating. BBL. I'ma holding on for this ride, the Chariot, I know first hand, about horsemanship. :) perfect image.

lalalibra

And yes, I too swore I would not buy decks on a whim but this just looked so different (or so I tell myself).

But, you're right though -- this deck really *is* quite different. :)

It's really very unique, and as Lotus Padma said -- it really does speak! I've had some incredibly deep readings with it. I haven't been using it as much lately though, but only because I've gotten a couple other decks to get to know too (and that's really just me anyway; I tend to go through phases with what deck I like to use more consecutively, I switch between them). But I still love the Tarot of the Hidden Realm and I certainly use it when the mood strikes -- that particular mood being that I've found it to be a rather comforting and uplifting deck, like you're really interacting with these very honest and empathetic faces. And indeed, they have so much to say!

La Force

Wow! I'm impressed, I spent all last night, with the cards and book, I haven't completed the book, just read up on the cards, that I was completely enthralled with, and wanted to know more about them. I am very drawn to the expressions and the elemental energies being expressed in the images and book. so much so that I can use this book with my other deck "Book of Shadows Vol. II (So below) which is also by BM, she uses the elemental energy throughout this deck. these two decks will go hand in hand beautifully.

Next I will after I get my IDS finished I will start working the deck, unless I cave again. with all this enabling hehe :grin:

La Force

I caved in last night, did a (New Deck Interview) spread. However while shuffling the cards, I found the edges of the cards to be sharp, cutting into my hands giving me minor paper cuts.

Has anyone else with this deck, had or has this same issue?