Tarots decks with photos of real people

Ariada

I have been eyeing and drooling over the Ghetto Tarot deck and plan to get it soon. But I started thinking...does having photos of real people (instead of drawings or illustrations) change or effect the deck any anyway? Does the energy of the people in the photos influence the energy of the deck or the reading? And on the other end of things, can the readings given using this deck in any way effect the people who are photographed in the deck?

Anyone have any thoughts or insights on this?

gregory

It never has for me - and that would include the Ghetto Tarot, which I really like. And the Mountain Dream, and the Counterculture, among others.

Except for two of the Doreen Virtue decks - and that is MOSTLY because so many people have the same face - she and Radleigh feature a lot.

Come to think of it, my own deck has real people on several cards, and it didn't even bother me while I was making it ! I could try and find the people I used, and ask them, but I haven't heard of anything horrible happening to any of them...

Tanga

I have been eyeing and drooling over the Ghetto Tarot deck and plan to get it soon. But I started thinking...does having photos of real people (instead of drawings or illustrations) change or effect the deck any anyway? Does the energy of the people in the photos influence the energy of the deck or the reading? And on the other end of things, can the readings given using this deck in any way effect the people who are photographed in the deck?

Anyone have any thoughts or insights on this?

I had a sudden funny thought reading this... "are you Maasai by any chance?"
Lol. (they believe photo's "steal your soul").

I would answer - only if you believe it to be so.

Ariada

lol no not Maasai. Although I now know to never offer to take their picture!

I was thinking about how sometimes someone will request a photo to do long distance spiritual work or energy healing because the photo is a focal point to transfer the energy. But good to know it doesn't seem to have an effect on the cards or on the people! Thanks for your insights!