Another Blog Question

Grizabella

Since I don't want to step on toes in the thread another member started about a blog, I thought I'd post this in my own thread. I don't want to hijack the other thread.

What I'd like to know is how to make separate pages using Blogger for different things I want to feature in my blog. I tried it by making another page I assumed was going to create a link to get there from the main blog page, but then when I previewed the blog, I couldn't find any way to access that new page. There wasn't any link to even indicate there was a second page there. Does this mean I'm going to have to make a separate blog for each topic that I want to address? My blog is going to be quite personal but Tarot is a large part of my life and what I do, so I want to work a lot on Tarot and other Oracle types of posts but I don't want to mingle it with the strictly personal stuff. How do I do that?

Obsydian

After you have created your page, go to Layout and Add Gadget. Scroll down and you'll see Pages. In there you'll be able to add the links to your pages. :)

I haven't used Blogger in a long time, I just went to go poke it for you. I always recommend wordpress, that is what I use myself, but Blogger is a good system as well!

Grizabella

Thank you! :thumbsup:

I used Wordpress for a blog a year or two ago but I never caught on. I seem to be able to use Blogger more easily. I wouldn't be surprised if I've got some kind of learning disability because there are just certain things my brain just will NOT compute. I'm sure Wordpress is good. It just didn't hit my brain right. :)

Obsydian

That's no problem! Everyone processes things differently, no one way is right or wrong. :)

Grizabella

You've helped immensely. It took me more than two hours tonight to add pages but I got it done, finally.

Grizabella

Now I've hit another snag, I think. I made some pages and I can edit to pages to add stuff, but it doesn't give a new page for each post like the main blog does. I guess I can date the entries and just manually move the older text down. Then date the newer post?