What if your deck is sending you a message?

Awakened Queen

I've given messages to people and realized that I could relate to the message as well and used it as advice for myself. I do believe that messages can be for both parties. Tarot works in miraculous ways.

Girl Archer

Tarot works in miraculous ways.

It does, doesn't it? Never fails to amuse/amaze me. Like this one time when a friend of mine asked if he would marry a hot chick (his words, not mine) and he drew the Devil, 8 of Wands and 6 of Cups I said yes, and she might be someone that he would know. But the whole time I couldn't shake off the feeling that something was amiss. Eight hours later, I get a series of texts (both 8 of wands) from my Capricorn ex boyfriend (Devil and 6 of cups) about booty calls :-/ So, in that case I think the message was for me as well as my friend. Then again, he is still unmarried so I will know when that happens, for sure :laugh:

re-pete-a

Excellent idea re-pete-a, but what's your take on the reading you do for someone else coming true for you and not for them? Has it happened to you? The coping meditation you mentioned is a good one actually. Quite simple and holds visual appeal for me.

When the upstairs PARTY is in progress it can sometimes over ride and influence the cards...Hence you get some for them and some for you...

Padma

I've given messages to people and realized that I could relate to the message as well and used it as advice for myself. I do believe that messages can be for both parties. Tarot works in miraculous ways.

I don't think it is just tarot that works that way...here is part of a Nietzsche quote that I feel very much covers the divining arts - "And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you".

I find the tarot very much like a scrying mirror -an abyss that will give messages, but will also take you into the equation. It's looking into you, too.

Girl Archer

I don't think it is just tarot that works that way...here is part of a Nietzsche quote that I feel very much covers the divining arts - "And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you".

I find the tarot very much like a scrying mirror -an abyss that will give messages, but will also take you into the equation. It's looking into you, too.

Well, that is a lovely quote. Made a great deal of sense after reflecting on it. Thanks for sharing it Padma!

Grizabella

That saying has grave meaning for me. The exact quote is more like "Be careful when looking into the Abyss, for the Abyss is looking back at you" I think. One of us can find the actual quote, but it sure holds meaning for me that was pretty scary at the time. The Abyss was, indeed, looking back at me.

Girl Archer

That saying has grave meaning for me. The exact quote is more like "Be careful when looking into the Abyss, for the Abyss is looking back at you" I think. One of us can find the actual quote, but it sure holds meaning for me that was pretty scary at the time. The Abyss was, indeed, looking back at me.

Well, lovely like a black rose. Morbid beauty, and that sort of thing. Abyss staring back is definitely a creepy thing, did feel that.

P.S. This, I believe is the whole quote - "He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee."

Girl Archer

When the upstairs PARTY is in progress it can sometimes over ride and influence the cards...Hence you get some for them and some for you...

Good thinking, re-pete-a :thumbsup:

Padma

Well, lovely like a black rose. Morbid beauty, and that sort of thing. Abyss staring back is definitely a creepy thing, did feel that.

P.S. This, I believe is the whole quote - "He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee."

Didn't mean it to be creepy...though I guess it kind of is, in a way! And although the cards are just paper, they lead you to meet with an open part of your mind - and also to I am not sure what! The Gods of Tarot? ;)

SwordOfTruth

I really hope my deck is trying to send me messages otherwise there would be no point...lol!

Okay back to the discussion. I often find the people I read for have strong parallels to my own life, but usually only in one area and not necessarily what they are asking about specifically. I usually only discover this after I've read for them and something comes up on the conversation. But its common that I will interpret a card in a new way spontaneously for the other person, they tell it me it really resonates and then I realise later I'd been having trouble with that card/combo myself and yes this new interp is relevant for me also.

As Padma says.....the tarot Gods work in mysterious ways and one way they do that is by sending us sitters who need a message we also need to hear. We wouldnt get that message for ourselves, but can easily find it for someone else and then hearing it come out of our own mouths, its like an epiphany.