inbetween readings

spinnachie

Hi all

I was wondering what you all do with regards to cleansing your decks when you have multiple clients...do you cleanse in between readings?

Tanga

Who would have the time to?

At this point I think the act of re-shuffling and putting everything neat and straight for the next
person can probably be done with "mindfully cleansing proportions". And that would be enough.
(If you are of a mind of believing that cleansing has to be done in the first place).

:) :)

Or - some one could be very simple... (Just like my sister says "Reiki ON" before she starts a treatment, cutting out all the fancy stuff that different practitioners like) - one could just wave over the deck and say "be clean" - or "shine up now" - or some other such appropriate phrase.

Depends whether you believe this would work or not as a cleansing ritual.

And what about yourself spinnachie? what do you consider a cleansing ritual?

kx5

Considering given the fact that the cards are to bear my energy by default, usually after a reading for someone else I just lay out the cards and rearrange them so that all the Major and Minor Arcana cards are in order. In the sense that, putting them in order cleanses them of all energies except mine, and 'tidies' them up for the next reading.

Interesting Tanga :) This is a good way to cleanse the deck if you don't have time for a full-on ritual, or if anything doesn't resonate with your personal intuition. Brilliant!

spinnachie

Who would have the time to?

At this point I think the act of re-shuffling and putting everything neat and straight for the next
person can probably be done with "mindfully cleansing proportions". And that would be enough.
(If you are of a mind of believing that cleansing has to be done in the first place).

:) :)

Or - some one could be very simple... (Just like my sister says "Reiki ON" before she starts a treatment, cutting out all the fancy stuff that different practitioners like) - one could just wave over the deck and say "be clean" - or "shine up now" - or some other such appropriate phrase.

Depends whether you believe this would work or not as a cleansing ritual.

And what about yourself spinnachie? what do you consider a cleansing ritual?

That's what I have been wondering! who would have the time to either meditate or organize their cards if they have back to back readings...

I myself usually do the whole putting the cards back in their original order, however I have never been in a situation where i had back to back readings so I wondered what others do...I do like the idea of the "be clean" or "shine up now" approach though. I think I will try that if I am ever in that situation. :)

Considering given the fact that the cards are to bear my energy by default, usually after a reading for someone else I just lay out the cards and rearrange them so that all the Major and Minor Arcana cards are in order. In the sense that, putting them in order cleanses them of all energies except mine, and 'tidies' them up for the next reading.

Interesting Tanga :) This is a good way to cleanse the deck if you don't have time for a full-on ritual, or if anything doesn't resonate with your personal intuition. Brilliant!

that's what i would do too (until Tanga's reply of course lol) either that or use a different deck but I don't want to have to take out all of my decks all the time ;)

kx5

that's what i would do too (until Tanga's reply of course lol) either that or use a different deck but I don't want to have to take out all of my decks all the time ;)

Using different decks all the time may be tedious because yeah it is quite complex, but also, by cleansing and spending time around a deck, especially one that you use for public readings, can help you bond with that deck further and make sure that your energy is well-rooted inside it so that eventually the possibly harmful effect of other people touching it/being around it will be negated, which will lead to better readings for others.

spinnachie

Using different decks all the time may be tedious because yeah it is quite complex, but also, by cleansing and spending time around a deck, especially one that you use for public readings, can help you bond with that deck further and make sure that your energy is well-rooted inside it so that eventually the possibly harmful effect of other people touching it/being around it will be negated, which will lead to better readings for others.

I never thought about that...I mean I knew that using a deck helps you bond with it but using it to the point where other peoples harmful effects would be negated, that never even crossed my mind...makes sense though :)

kx5

I never thought about that...I mean I knew that using a deck helps you bond with it but using it to the point where other peoples harmful effects would be negated, that never even crossed my mind...makes sense though :)

Hehe, by negated I mean that your energy is soaking up the deck so much that at the end of the day, others' energies become insignificant compared to the dominant energy which is yours.

spinnachie

yeah that's what I figured, I like that outlook though :)

Cocobird55

I usually don't cleanse my decks. But if a deck has given me a very strange reading for someone, I do put all the cards back in order to clear the bad energy.

Grizabella

I never re-order my cards. I don't cleanse them, either. If I've been using my Morgan Greer in a tin using reversals, I go through and turn the cards all upright after a reading but that's all.

Everyone and everything is interconnected in the world and in the universe. So to me it's in keeping with that to have all my readings---every shuffle, draw and reading---also interconnected within the deck. That's just my own personal view, though. It might not make sense to anyone else.